Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the month - June

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited June 2022 in General Chat
It's time for another Post of the Month! We've shared the nominated posts below, make sure to vote on who you would like to win this month!

We also wanted to say a big thank you for all of the amazing support on the community this month <3

1. Is it normal for guys to be suicidal (@Spoon)
never apologise for that!

men are actually more likely to succeed in committing suicide. the fact that you had to ask just proves that there needs to be more awareness about men's mental health. one reason i think that fact is true is because like you, guys are afraid of being seen as freaks or weirdos, because they are taught to hide their emotions which is unfair. guys are human, have emotions, they shouldnt have to bottle them up and im glad ur able to open up here.

you are not a freak. i have friends who were suicidal (both males and females), i had suicidal thoughts in the past and i am so glad they're all alive. unfortunately, suicidal thoughts is more common than you think. the stigma just really sucks arse.

living can feel like hell, but living can be amazing too and going through hell is worth it. its a low key adventure. playing some minecraft, listening to ur favourite songs, waiting for the next episode or disney movie, hoping to see a tourist attraction, waiting for the next time you can hug your love... all are valid reasons to live! one thing that stuck with me is if you have no hope, living out of curiousity can be a good motivation to live, what will happen tomorrow? what will happen 10 years from now? will there be a cure for cancer? will that mate i had a few years back go to prison? for the love of god surely there should be flying cars by now! the next time i feel sad, what will make me laugh? tiny things that make up life, dont u just wanna know what happens next?

have u ever sought out support for ur feelings? did u go to a gp or maybe u could speak to college and ask about getting counselling? trust me, there is no shame.

please dont ever feel like you are alone <3

2. Red flags in relationships (@Brookee)
Hello loves, I hope you're all doing really well.
I know The Mix are running a campaign this week on toxic relationships and I just wanted to start a thread on red flags to be aware of when in relationships, any relationships, it doesn't have to just be romantic. These flags are super important, and I really hope this thread will help someone because I know how difficult it can be to leave a relationship even when there's red flags. Please remember that you're not in control of other people's actions and it's never your fault to be treated poorly or abused by someone else.

I'll start. One big red flag is overcontrolling behaviour, this can be found in friendships, family dynamics and romantic relationships. Nobody has the right to control your movements or your decisions, you're allowed to make decisions that others aren't happy with because this is your life, and your opinions and decisions matter. In healthy relationships with others, there should be understanding and compassion, without you feel guilt or worried about the other person's response. Commonly in these kinds of relationships the other person or people will often frame it as they're doing what's best for you, but you are the only one who knows what's best for you, and you deserve to make your own choices.

Sending love to you all <3

3. I'm a failure (@Roxby)
Hi @FordRanger I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment

Life isn't linear, many people get their GCSE's at different points in their life, and some people never get them at all and are still successful. My sister in-law re-took her GCSE maths in her late twenties and has now just finished her Post Graduate Certificate in Education and is a qualified teacher! Do you have any idea of what sort of job you'd like to be self-employed in?

No one else has to live your life except you, so in my opinion you should do what you think is best for yourself - whether that be continuing college, doing an apprenticeship or something completely different - and ignore other people taking the piss.

We'll announce the winner at the end of this month! Make sure to keep nominating posts for July's Post of the Month!

Aife & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the month - June 9 votes

Spoon
55% 5 votes
Brookee
33% 3 votes
Roxby
11% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Congratulations to @spoon for winning June's post of the month <3

We'll add a badge onto your profile!

Thank you to everyone for all of your amazing support to each other. Keep nominating any posts you see for this month's post of the month!

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Woah thank you!! <3
    Whats a signatureeeww