Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

covid

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
covid isnt over even though the torys say, they are not right always. keep testing, tell me if u disagree and y? wat r ur thoughts
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey Ellie, I agree that it isn’t over. I’d like to keep testing really but have run out of tests! I guess it costs the NHS / government a lot of money to give them out. But I do know a friend who works in the NHS still has access to free tests for her line of work, which is good.

Do you think there should still be some restrictions, or just testing?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    edited June 2022
    Ppl should still test if they hav a cough or feel dodgy even if they don't feel symptoms. I think it should be jail if u go into a school, campus etc without showing a test even if you feel fine. If u feel a cough u should still test no matter if u hav to pay now. The government gives misinformation. As the country is under conservatives. They r greedy ratbags? who only think about themselves
    Wats Ur thoughts?
    Crazy mad insane
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    honestly, couldn't agree more. I caught COVID last week and I couldn't imagine going outside and risking infecting others with it (of course this is because I am able to stay at home, I know this isn't necessarily financially possible for everyone). You raise such an important point about how we should remain vigilant @ellie2000 !! I wonder if sending people to prison could have negative consequences, like people being arrested who have not done anything wrong? Either way it makes a lot of sense to feel so cautious and scared of the misinformation. How do you think we can encourage the people around us to be more careful? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    having covid, is warfare, teachers dont like us haha
    Crazy mad insane
    Such a true point, it's really terrifying to be honest! When you say the teachers don't like us, what do you mean? Is it about how they've responded to COVID? xx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    they go in with a sneeze or a cough n say its nothing, they next day ppl r off. it naffs me off tht ppl dont test themselves anymore
    Crazy mad insane
    Such an insightful point @ellie2000 , it almost feels as though people have forgotten that there are still vulnerable people out there who need to be protected from the virus. I'm glad to hear that you're being so proactive though <3
  • AbandonedTrolleyAbandonedTrolley Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    edited October 2022
    I had covid last year in October 2021. It was very mild. I just lost my appitite, felt really exhausted. And sometimes felt very hot and sweaty and other times felt really cold and shivery. I forced myself to eat though to keep my strength up. And I went out for a couple of long wals but always wore a mask and kept as far away from other people as possible to avoid infectg anyone. I new that excersie would help me recover. I didn't want to just lie in bed for a week incase my condition worsened and I died or ended up in intensive care. I felt bad for about 9 days in total. But I hav had far worse bouts of the flu over the years. Some bouts of the flu left me almost totally bedridden for a week.
    My fav dinner was hunters chicken and wen I had covid it tasted like a hoover
    Crazy mad insane