Home Work & Study It's Exam Time
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just finished year 2!

lucas1_glucas1_g Posts: 15 Settling in
Hello everyone,

I have been very quiet on here recently due to the fact I have been getting my head down. But I just finished year two of my degree. It has been a long journey but I am proud of myself. How is everyone else getting on? Has anyone else finished yet? If not, best of luck to you all, you can do it.

Comments

• Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @lucas1_g

Well done! What are you studying? I finished Uni last year :)

I'm sure you will do great in your third year!
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    Hey @lucas1_g , congrats on finishing year two! :smile: I'm sure the journey has been very difficult, so give yourself some time to relax because you deserve it! ^^

I finished year one a few weeks ago, I'm just awaiting results now :sweat: I'm certain that year 2 is going to be very challenging.

I wish you the best on your third year! :smile:

cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hello @lucas1g. Thanks for your post and for sharing your progress with us.

Well done on finishing year two of your degree! How are you feeling?

Glad to hear you are feeling proud of yourself, that's really positive :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2022
    Well done to @daisyella12 and @kaii too.

@kaii - wishing you the best of luck with your results! Do you know when you might be expecting to receive them?

Also, what makes you think year two is going to be very challenging? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    roxbyroxby Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
    Hi @lucas1_g
    I've just finished my second year too! Have you got any idea of what you might do your dissertation on?
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    @Laura_tigger82 Thank you so much! I'll be getting my results on the 4th of July ^^

I've had a bit of difficulty with my studies in year one, it's been hard for me to manage my time since I commute to uni by train which takes quite a while. I've also fallen back into terrible revision techniques that don't help me at all - so I've found it hard to revise for end of year exams. Not to mention writing essays are so challenging for me.

But after learning from my mistakes and taking in feedback from year one, I'll be sure to do alright next year. I'm just a little worried because I feel a lot of pressure as I want to get good grades and that the assessments are gonna be a lot harder.
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Wow well done @lucas1_g !! These big milestones always feel so fantastic and I hope you are feeling proud of yourself <3 What would you say you are most excited for about third year? Plus what do you reckon you'll do with your summer? xx
  • Options
    Hello all, thank you for your responses. Well done to everyone that has also finished, it is not easy! I am slightly dreading third year but I am sure it will be fine. I am just going to enjoy summer for now!
  • Options
    roxby wrote: »
    Hi @lucas1_g
    I've just finished my second year too! Have you got any idea of what you might do your dissertation on?

Probably something along the lines of mental health!