Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm worried about my partner Tw, about restricted food

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hey guys

I just want to say, thank you all so much for the support you have given me, as well as things you have given me to help my partner, we both appreciate you all so much!

Also about my partner, I'm really worried about her were still together, thankfully, but with her issues with eating food, her parents have told her their going to take her to the hospital if she doesnt stop, and I don't want that as all of the other times she's been in the hospital, I've been so worried for her, because I really care about her, and I really want to make sure she's ok I love her so much

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789. Thanks for sharing your positive feedback with us. We really appreciate it and are glad that you have found the community a supportive space.

It sounds really difficult for you that you are worried about your partner and her issues with eating food. What might help to make this more manageable for you at the moment?

One resource you might find helpful is BEAT and their information about supporting someone with an eating disorder in particular.

Please feel free to keep us in the loop, we are all here for you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    how have her other experiences been at a hospital? if worst come to worst, the hospital may be able to help her out with her restricted eating.
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    spoon wrote: »
    how have her other experiences been at a hospital? if worst come to worst, the hospital may be able to help her out with her restricted eating.
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789. Thanks for sharing your positive feedback with us. We really appreciate it and are glad that you have found the community a supportive space.

It sounds really difficult for you that you are worried about your partner and her issues with eating food. What might help to make this more manageable for you at the moment?

One resource you might find helpful is BEAT and their information about supporting someone with an eating disorder in particular.

Please feel free to keep us in the loop, we are all here for you :)

Hey guys.

Her other experiences aren't good. She once locked her self in her room which was dangerous for her. She didn't eat. My mental health isn't as bad as hers so I'm like well I can help her but I can't. I'm worried that if she goes back to hospital to receive support for her eating that she will fall much deeper into a hole which will cause her suicidal thoughts to go all over the place which I don't want.
  • Options
    has your girlfriend ever been in CAMHS or had therapy at all? if she's been to the hospital for her mental health, surely she received support like that before? it sounds like a tough situation to be in
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    has your girlfriend ever been in CAMHS or had therapy at all? if she's been to the hospital for her mental health, surely she received support like that before? it sounds like a tough situation to be in

She sees camps. But she says it's no help. I can't tell her what to do but I'll ask her to talk to them about how she feels tbh it is hard.
  • Options

She sees camps. But she says it's no help. I can't tell her what to do but I'll ask her to talk to them about how she feels tbh it is hard.

ughh yeah camhs isnt all that great, long waiting lists, underfunded, i remember when i had therapy online during lockdown and while she's nice, it was also a bit patronising..

she could try to talk to camhs again, maybe they will realise that she needs more done about her mental health. it is hard but i hope she gets better <3
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options

ughh yeah camhs isnt all that great, long waiting lists, underfunded, i remember when i had therapy online during lockdown and while she's nice, it was also a bit patronising..

she could try to talk to camhs again, maybe they will realise that she needs more done about her mental health. it is hard but i hope she gets better <3

hey spoon.
    That's lovely of you to say thank you. I'll tell her that getting in touch with the support worker will do her good. I'm sorry about your experience too. Sending hugs. I've never had any type of therapy so I don't know what it's like tbh it sounds scary.
  • Options
    therapy can be daunting at first but its not scary. while i didnt enjoy therapy at camhs, i had a great experience with a different counsellor at school.
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    therapy can be daunting at first but its not scary. while i didnt enjoy therapy at camhs, i had a great experience with a different counsellor at school.

That's Good. Thanks for the on going support
  • Options
    is it normal that I'm the one who's feeling suicidal. But its not normal because I'm a guy :'*