Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Age gap relationships 2

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
edited May 2022 in Sex & Relationships
Hello everyone I would like to know if there are still any teenagers under the age of 18 having a romantic relationship with someone else who is like 6-30 years older than them this year sorry to have to ask but I am just curious that is all?

Comments

• Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Sholay09 wrote: »
    Hello everyone I would like to know if there are still any teenagers under the age of 18 having a romantic relationship with someone else who is like 6-30 years older than them this year sorry to have to ask but I am just curious that is all?

Evening,

Before my partner now I had a 7 year age gap- but the guy was like 25- i was 17 aha!
  • Options
    Leila wrote: »

Evening,

Before my partner now I had a 7 year age gap- but the guy was like 25- i was 17 aha!

How old are you now this year Leila if you do not mind me asking don't worry I will not judge you if you tell me your real age sorry to ask?
  • Options

Evening,

How old are you now this year Leila if you do not mind me asking don't worry I will not judge you if you tell me your real age sorry to ask?

I just turned 18!
  • Options

Evening,

I just turned 18!

Thank you for your reply Leila I really appreciate it.
  • Options

Evening,

I just turned 18!

Thank you for your reply Leila I really appreciate it.

Your very welcome!
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Sholay09. What a great question you have asked! I can see @Leila has shared some personal experiences with you.

Would you like to tell us more about what makes you curious about this? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Couldn't echo what @Laura_tigger82 has said any more @Sholay09 ! General curiosity about these situations is very common and understandable and sparks a wider conversations about what age actually means and how the law comes into romantic relationships. If you had any thoughts you wanted to share or experiences please feel comfortable to talk to us here <3 xx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @Sholay09. What a great question you have asked! I can see @Leila has shared some personal experiences with you.

Would you like to tell us more about what makes you curious about this? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)

I do not think I know why I am curious about age gap relationships yet sorry about that.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2022
    It's absolutely ok to just be curious @Sholay09. I just wanted to give you the space to share more with us if you had any experience you wanted to share with us or any specific questions you wanted to ask :)
  • Options
    mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Personally, I'm 16 and talking to a 21 year old but we've discussed firm boundaries and are working on being open with each other through it all^^
    "But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan