Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Peer support and peer mentor

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,000 Community Veteran
Wats the difference bcoz I had peer mentor and I sed no to 'would I recommend it to any1 else'
N I sed no very definitely
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Wats the difference bcoz I had peer mentor and I sed no to 'would I recommend it to any1 else'
    N I sed no very definitely

Hi Ellie,

A peer support mentor is knowledgeable guides for new students, a thoughtful facilitator who provides access to people and resources and ultimately a role model and success advocate.

Peer support is where a group of people go for support but within a group, just like the group chats here at the mix, does that make sense?
  • Options
    wen i had peer mentor, i just wanted to vent. but they interupted n sed 'sooo....u wanna carry on with recovery star' y?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    enorth1enorth1 Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000, I'm sorry that you went through that. It sounds to me like they didn't give you an opportunity to say what you needed to say by interrupting you rather than listening. I'm pleased that you felt able to be honest in the review afterwards, so hopefully they will learn from this. We at the Mix are always here for when you need to vent too <3
  • Options
    i saw 'the mix' name on a title screen on itv or w along with other names like: calm, Young minds and other. b4 the main tele
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2022
    Oh, that's interesting @ellie2000. Do you remember what it was about? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    it was a picture with relaxing sounds nd music :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    That sounds really peaceful @ellie2000. Thanks for sharing that with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.