Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

School

hiimjazzyhiimjazzy Posts: 13 Settling in
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Im getting ready to go into secondary school. Any advice?z15folejonov.jpeg
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Hiya,
    I'll try to give any advice that I can as a current year 11.

- Get a map of the school this can normally be printed from the school's website.
    - Talk to people who are going to the same secondary school as you
    - practice packing what you need for school.
    Theres some more in here as well https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/sites/default/files/moving-on-top-tips-for-pupils.pdf

Good luck with September.
  • Options
    hiimjazzyhiimjazzy Posts: 13 Settling in
    Thank you!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    I'd also say, don't put too much pressure on yourself. Everyone else there will also be new and a little nervous, it's okay to feel that way. Be friendly, get yourself ready (school supplies, uniform if you have one etc), and a map is always handy. If you get lost, don't be afraid to ask for directions, everyone feels a bit lost on their first day. You'll be fine :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    What a great question! Is there anything you would like advice on in particular @hiimjazzy?

As a community, we will all help but it will depend on how you are currently feeling about going into secondary school.

Good luck from us as well :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Couldn't agree more with the ask for directions if you can! Also sometimes it can feel like the 6th formers are really big and old and grown up but honestly once you get there it's like time flies by and most people should want to help the younger students through what can be a disorienting time. On a less positive note, I'd also try to get as familiar as possible with which 'rules' are especially enforced at your school so you can prepare as best as possible in advance. For example, my school was especially aggy if you didn't bring your PE kit compared with some other schools. Once you get familiar with stuff like that it can make your time a bit easier in terms of not getting into trouble. <3