Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

mental support

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
wat free phonecall like mind are there. telephone support like light touch
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey Ellie
    I’ve heard really good things about the phone service from Samaritans, and I’ve used the text service from Shout before too. All the details are below, but let us know how you get on? How are you doing?

Phone service from Samaritans: https://www.samaritans.org/
    Text service from Shout: https://giveusashout.org/
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    wen i say something and the workman left i hear auditory voices putting me down, i mentioned it to mr.c and my thinking is, its too much 4 him. isit?
    Crazy mad insane
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000, I think it's really great that you're looking for people to reach out to when you're dealing with so much. I know you've had some difficulties in finding services to support you, Ellie. I'm wondering if any other services have been in contact since to support you?
    light t is ending, r helplines just as gd
    Crazy mad insane
    HOW do u cope with voices in ur head
    Crazy mad insane
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000
    I'm sorry to hear that, Ellie. I'm wondering if you've been able to talk to your doctor about how you've been feeling recently, it sounds really overwhelming having these thoughts. You can always reach out to the helplines, they're there to support you through difficult times Ellie, if that's something you'd feel comfortable doing? In terms of dealing with these voices, is there anything that helps you feel safe or comforts and distracts you from these thoughts?
    wen i was with tht abusive cleaner last, he used to get me drunk ie wen i asked themix 'do we hav free will' i was fading out. im glad i dont have tht cleaner no more, i panicked wen he phoned me wen i was on holiday once. i dont hav alcohol no more and i hav another cleaner now. i used to open up to him and he threatened to get his m8s on the ones who r still walking. tht made me scared.
    why does alcohol make u comply with everything
    why is it april.
    i dont like bein home, i like holidays, why do i think like tht?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2022
    Thanks for your post @ellie2000. What a great question! I can see @Lucy307 and @Brookee have provided you with some suggestions. Please do let us know if we can do anything else to help though. How are you feeling at the moment?

I have seen your most recent post on this thread about the abusive cleaner. You have shown so much strength in opening up to us about that, thanks for sharing it with us. No one has the right to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. Glad to hear you have another cleaner now.

If you want some support with this, please remember Childline is always (24/7) available to you and The Mix's helpline is available to you between 4 pm and 11 pm, 7 days a week. The contact details are as follows:
    • Childline (24/7) - Phone 0800 1111. They also have a 1-2-1 counsellor chat and email service which you can access from their website.
    • The Mix's helpline (4pm - 11pm) - Phone 0808 808 4994.

If you are scared for your safety, please call the police (999) which is also available 24/7.

Keep us updated with how you are feeling, we are all here for you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.