Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Trouble accessing group chat as a guest

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
This discussion was created from comments split from: About this forum (Bugs and other issues).
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    the group chat is not allowing me to type in any of the chats since its been updated.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    the group chat is not allowing me to type in any of the chats since its been updated.

Hi @sailingswallows this seems to be happening to everyone. If you're not signed in and using a guest account, it won't let you type for some reason. IF you create an account through chatwee you should be able to type, but it's defo broken and I hope they fix it soon.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hey folks, we're working on an official post about all this today to clear things up. :) Thanks for being so patient with us, and yep - for now you'll need to create an account to use chat.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    its not letting my login into my account either
    edited March 2022
    its not letting my login into my account either
    Ah, that's odd. Are you getting an error message @sailingswallows ?
    Also, we have an update on the tech issues posted up now. :)
    yeah its telling me its the wrong password when its the same password i use to loginto the boards so its werid.
    Hmm okay, thanks for letting us know @sailingswallows.

Does it let you create a new account? And if so, are you able to login to that?
    I havent tried, i have just login as a guest and then changed my name to my account name to get around it
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Worth noting @sailingswallows that your chat acccount and your boards account run from different softwares, so annoyingly you need separate accounts for both. So you can’t use your boards account to log into chat or the other way round, you need accounts for both.

You might already know that but just thought I’d put it here because a lot of people don’t know you need to have both accounts.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
This discussion has been closed.