Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi !

alice21alice21 Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
Hello everyone! I'm Alice. I have just signed up and I am excited to get started. I have a passion for helping other people, which drove me to achieve a degree in psychology as well as currently studying for a masters degree.

Sending love and positivity to you all :)

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @alice21 welcome it’s nice to meet you!
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    JADE92JADE92 Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Hi @alice21 <3
    Nice to meet you and welcome to the Mix family! Wow that is great that you are pursuing a masters degree, I am still an undergraduate student studying Psychology but also have similar aims to help others :)

It's so great that you've joined the community and look forward to seeing you about on the forums etc o:)
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Welcome!
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community Alice! Awesome to have you. :3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    katieelouisekatieelouise Posts: 11 Settling in
    Welcome, @alice21 ! I hope to be in a similar situation to you education wise one day! Advice on steps you took during college years to get onto a psychology degree would be appreciated :)
  • Options
    Thank you everyone:)

@katieelouise I’d love to help! I achieved all of my GCSES which led me into my chosen college. I then completed an A -level in Psychology at college. This then led me to a BSc (hons) degree at Edge Hill University. This was a 3 year course which now opened the opportunity to complete my masters degree ! My advice would be to revise alot and to get in any volunteering role ASAP, as experience is crucial in this field and it will set you aside from other people when applying for jobs etc :)
  • Options
    GraceyGracey Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    alice21 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm Alice. I have just signed up and I am excited to get started. I have a passion for helping other people, which drove me to achieve a degree in psychology as well as currently studying for a masters degree.

Sending love and positivity to you all :)

Hii Alice, welcome!

Big congrats on your degree in psychology and I'm sure you'll get your masters no probs :smile:

It's lovely to meet you. I hope you enjoy being here and have fun

Gracey xx
  • Options
    Niamhh1309Niamhh1309 Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi @alice21 its lovely to meet you!

I’m also doing psychology currently and that’s what brings me here too, what masters are you doing?🤍
  • Options
    Hey @Niamhh1309 thank you its lovely to meet you too!
    My masters is MSc child and adolescent mental health and wellbeing - its so interesting I’ve been really enjoying it! How are you finding psychology? ✨🤍
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hello @alice21. Welcome to The Mix's community. It is great to see you have joined us.

How are you today? I hope you are well but if you need anything, please don't hesitate to give us a shout.

It is really positive to hear how you are enjoying your degree and helping people! Please remember we are here for you too though :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Niamhh1309Niamhh1309 Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    @alice21 oh that’s so interesting, do you know what you plan to do afterwards? I’m loving it, only one month left for me🤍