Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tik tok influence

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
has it lowered our intelligence and attention span
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    it colletects ur search history, text msgs, it mite no u more than urself
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    biggest threat to gen z n above
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    basiccly its a psychlogical w__pon
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It sounds like you're quite worried about the huge and wide-reaching influence of Tiktok, Ellie, especially given that it's taken off so quickly in the past two years or so. I completely hear what you mean about the worries about what we are all being exposed to, I wonder what do you think makes Tiktok feel different to the likes of Facebook and Instagram? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    theres lots of talk about tiktok l8ly, researching these sortof stuff coz bored
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    katieelouisekatieelouise Posts: 11 Settling in
    @ellie2000 I definitely think it is a great thing to be researching. There are many cons as well as pros to TikTok and I suppose in the end it is all just down to personal preference. I choose to delete the app as it honestly became highly addictive to me and I was spending far too much time on it. But I'm also aware that some people find it very educational and for that reason choose to still have the app. I am wondering if you have it downloaded, and if so, why?
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Such an interesting point @katieelouise , I think a lot of people have attested to how the endless scrolling has been fantastically fun but also a little bit draining on their time resources! It's so jarring to know that something that brings us such happiness can also be a challenge to use sometimes xxx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    I think discussion about TikTok often has very similar pros and cons as with other social media platforms, especially after things like Insta Reels came out. Personally I'm not into TikTok so much, though there are a couple creators that I love on there :)