Home General Chat Polls of the Week
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do your socks live in your drawers in pairs or as singles?

Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
edited February 2022 in Polls of the Week
Poll 16/02/22

Do your socks live in your drawers in pairs or as singles? 20 votes

Pairs
85%
AifeJustVindependent_AbigailRileyDancerDurhamjaideDandelionBenMaPast UserLaura_tigger82BrookeeChloe234sinead276Amy22lunarcat522Jimette 17 votes
Singles
15%
Ed_StephaniePast User 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
    edited February 2022
    Pairs
    Usually pairs! But I always end up losing a sock when I do my washing. I have no idea where it goes, so I've some pairs of odd socks! :D
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,833 Master Poster
    Pairs
    Sometimes I lose a sock when doing the washing as well and that can be really annoying. Or a sock gets quite a big hole in so has to be thrown away as it can't really be used anymore.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Singles
    Love this…

I usually just throw my socks all in the draw not paired up, is that bad? Haha
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Pairs
    Pairs 100%, I still loose socks like crazy though
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    Pairs
    Always pairs, unless there’s one lost and then there’s one little lonely sock hanging around :lol: but otherwise I always make an effort to pair them properly.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Pairs
    Pairs unless 1 has gone missing then it gets left on the top of my keyboard.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    Pairs
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,033 Community Veteran
    Pairs
    I always roll my socks up into a ball, that way they don't tend to go missing :lol:.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,833 Master Poster
    Pairs
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    Pairs unless my washing machine has eaten them

Naughty munch. Munch is the new name for the washing machine.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,074 Wise Owl
    Pairs
    Like the others have said, they start as pairs until half go missing either in the washing machine or in my sisters room instead.

A pack of socks probably doesn't last more than a week in my house before they're all seperated =)
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    Pairs
    Pairs.

I'm very lazy but at least I do them in pairs :sweat_smile:
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3