Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Husband beaters?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, women have safe place's to go when their hubby's beat them.. do the blokes have a place to go if their wife is beating them? Do you think they should?

People who beats their wives go on an offenders list now don't they? If so, is it the same for women?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It should be. I can see no reason for a difference in this regard.
    I think their is a wrong attitude towards men that get beaten by their wives. Some people believe it's funny, the man isn't 'hard' enough and some believe it doesn't happen. But it does.

Enough people don't own up to domestic violence as it is. But I believe a man that is being beaten is even less likely to. It doesn't exactly fit the male stereotype. And they may think who would believe them and even more importantly where would they go?

There should be a place for men to go as it is happening. I'm not saying there should be lot's built because it isn't as common as women getting beaten. From what I know you often see helplines asking women to speak out, but what about the men?

I'm not sure if they go on an offenders list, but they should. Women can be equally cruel.
    Anyone who is the victim of domestic violence should have somewhere to go and receive support regardless of gender.

It's such a shame it's a huge taboo.
    Yes, domestic violence is a sad crime for the person on the recieveing end of the violence, they think they are safe at home with their loving husband or wife but then one day they get a mighty big shock and realise they have made a mistake in who they have married, what do they do then? try to get a divorce, the husband or wife won't let them, what happens then? they get beat more, some men or women don't tell people they are victims of domestic violence, they put up with it which is totally wrong, living in fear..in your own home.