Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

sleeping

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
how do u clear ur head n how do u natually drift off
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000,

I know this may seem really cliche, but in my experience, I find turning my phone off half an hour before bed really helpful, and also, doing a short mindfulness meditation can be helpful too to help relax you down before sleeping. I understand this may not work for you, so please don't worry if not. Is there anything you love to do that helps you relax?
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @ellie2000

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. I can see @Brookee has already provided some amazing support.

I was just wondering if you would like to talk to us about what's on your mind? For me, if something is on my mind, I find writing it down before I sleep helpful. I also like having something relaxing in the background, such as the radio or something Disney related!

As @Brookee indicated though, different things work for different people and it is okay if not everything works for you. Take your time and hopefully, you will find something that helps you. We are more than happy to help you to explore what might help you if this is something you would like us to do :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    I hav head feelings like rain falling. Then I go crazy or I go to bed waiting it to pass, is tht normal?
    Crazy mad insane
    Hey @ellie2000

Thanks for your response. Just to make sure I understand your situation, I have a question for you if you feel comfortable. What do you mean by you go crazy? We are here for you, listening to you, and supporting you <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited February 2022
    Wen the head rain starts I'm Not in control of wat i do.
    Crazy mad insane
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000,

This sounds really difficult to cope with. Have you been able to talk to anyone about this in real life?
    i got LT person and someones chasing up the wellbeing practitioner
    Crazy mad insane
    Hey @ellie2000

It sounds useful that you have someone who can chase up the wellbeing practitioner for you. How are you finding it? And how are you finding the support of the LT person? Please remember there is lots of potential support available for you, and you never have to face this or anything else alone if you don't want to :3
    waiting takes from when ppl used hurt me
    Crazy mad insane
    Hey @ellie2000

Sorry to hear this, it sounds really tough for you. Would you like to expand on how it makes you feel? And what support you might want to access to address this? Although the past evidently still hurts, I am really happy to hear things are slowly starting to get better for you than they used to be! We are always here as listening ears though <3