Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Heyo

buttercupbuttercup Posts: 1 Just got here
I'm not too sure what to say here, I've been struggling with depression/anxiety for what feels like forever but I've never truly been able to open up with people and really talk about it. I've been trying to look for help online but didn't want to go for full on therapy or anything too intense just yet, which is how I ended up here!
Talking to people doesn't come naturally to me, but I'm going to do my best! :3

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @buttercup

Thanks for reaching out to us. It is great to see you have joined The Mix's community. I really appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. I think we are a supportive and friendly space and I hope you will find the same. Please don't rush, take your time. When you are ready to talk, we will be here to listen to you. In the meantime, if you like the look of any of our discussions, please feel free to get involved :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @buttercup its nice to meet you
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hello @buttercup :)

As the other members have said, take all the time you need to feel comfortable opening up to us. We are a friendly and supportive group of people and really appreciate you joining! <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @buttercup

Welcome to The Mix, it's such a pleasure to meet you. I know it can be hard to open up, so please take as much time as you need, this is a safe space for you, and don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need anything! <3