Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Would you like to join Samaritans Online Harms Lived Experience Advisory Group?

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hi everyone,

Samaritans have been in touch with an exciting opportunity.

They are looking for people aged 18+ who live in the UK and have lived experience of self-harm or suicidal thoughts to join their Online Harms Lived Experience Advisory Groups. They are also looking for young people aged 18 to 25 with lived experience of supporting others online with self-harm or suicidal thoughts to take part.

These lived experience advisors will work alongside the Online Harms team. You will be paid £15 per hour for your time and expertise. These roles are home-based, and all activities will take place online. The closing date for applications is Monday 7th February 2022 at 10am.

Find out more about these lived experience roles and how to apply here: https://www.samaritans.org/about-samaritans/research-policy/internet-suicide/online-harms-research-opportunities/

- The Mix Team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,618 Legendary Poster
    Just going to post on this as a reminder for myself. Sounds like something I could do but I’m not sure yet. Posting so I can find it again
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @independent_

It does indeed sound like an amazing opportunity doesn't it! Just please keep making sure you put your own health and wellbeing first. It is okay not to participate in everything. Though, if you would like to participate, all your views would be super insightful and valuable :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    What a wonderful opportunity! Thanks so much for always keeping us up to date on what's available!
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Such a lovely lovely idea and always so happy to see things like this being shared and taken part in by people <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @Brookee and @AislingDM

I agree with you both, it looks like a great opportunity. I am so proud of The Mix for all the wonderful opportunities and partnerships they have. I have contacted the team though to enquiry about the method of payment! I can only take it if it is in the form of a gift voucher incentive (or voluntary). I am sure I am not the only person who is in this position so I'll let you know the answer if anyone wants to know! :3
  • Options
    Hey all,

For anyone who is interested, I have just been informed they can "offer gift card incentives instead of formal cash payments". I hope this helps! :3