Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Introduction

Creativeboy23Creativeboy23 Posts: 186 Helping Hand
edited January 2022 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Daniel. I am currently studying a foundation degree in graphic design. I have a strong interest in branding and advertising, designing posters and editorial design. My hobbies are going to the cinema with my friends, bowling, playing pool at a youth club, watching programmes in the crime genre etc. Who else is interested in graphic design? :):)

Comments

• CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Hey Daniel, Welcome to the community!
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Creativeboy23

Welcome to The Mix's community. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today? And how are you currently finding your foundation degree?

Unfortunately, I am inspired by graphic design but it is not a strength of mine! I do like going to the cinema though and playing bowling. What sorts of movies do you enjoy watching at the cinema?

Take care for now and I will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon! :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Creativeboy23Creativeboy23 Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    Hello @Laura_tigger82.

Yesterday, I was struggling to make a decision. How were you?

I am finding it okay. I am enjoying the modules, but I occasionally struggle with managing my workload.

That is good to know. I enjoy watching Marvel, Disney, action films. I do not fall into a specific genre.
    Hey @Creativeboy23

Thanks for your response. I am well thank you. I am sorry to hear you were struggling to make a decision yesterday. Would you like to talk about the decision you were struggling to make? Maybe together we could explore this until you are able to find the choice most appropriate for you.

I am really glad to hear you are finding your foundation degree okay and enjoyable. Enjoyment in degrees is really important. The workload does get a lot sometimes. I am currently studying for my Masters degree so I completely understand! Do you use the priority matrix? I have found that can be useful when there are competing deadlines. Similarly, colour coding tasks according to their importance can work too.

It sounds like you and I both enjoy watching a wide range of movies! Have you got any recent favourite movies? Mine has to be Encanto! :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hello @Laura_tigger82.

That is good to hear. I was struggling to decide on the appropriate time to tell this girl I like her. Reason being, I do not want to delay making a move and her to feel pressured to respond straight away. I shared this with the helpline SHOUT's staff member. She said she does not know if there is a right time, but I would be able to work it out. Also, that asking the girl to hang out is a good start. However, my brother spoiled my plan. He was commenting negatively about me smiling and looking at this girl for too long on TV. He accused me of doing it in a real world situation. He was saying if I do that to a boy's girl, he would ask me why I am looking at his girlfriend and will punch me. So, now I feel self-conscious and dirty about liking women. I also feel I will be a problem to other people because of my disability.

I have tried using the priority matrix, but have forgotten about it because of the amount of tasks I have to prioritise. My disability makes planning my week much more challenging.

I have watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Spiderman: No Way Home at the Arc Cinema during Christmas.
    Hello @Cosmo.

Thank you. It is lovely to meet you. How are you?

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hello @Creativeboy23

Welcome to the community! It's such a pleasure to meet you. I hope you're doing well and enjoying your foundation degree? Thanks for letting us know more about you, It's always wonderful meeting new people. Remember we're always here whenever you need, so don't hesitate to reach out <3
    Hello @Brookee.

Thank you. Likewise. I am now and am enjoying my foundation degree thank you. Hope you are doing well. I could not agree more. I will do.
    Hey @Creativeboy23,

Thanks for your response. You are more than welcome to offer her the opportunity to hang out with you. If she wants to, she will likely agree (unless she can’t) or she will say no thanks if she doesn’t want to.

Your disability definitely does not make you a problem! It does not define you, but it does help shape who you are and being who you are is the most beautiful thing you can be. No one else can be you.

If you would like any help with using the priority matrix, please feel free to reach out. I have autism so I can understand some of the potential challenges associated with planning. Although, of course, your experience of disability is unique to you.

Would you recommend all the movies you watched during Christmas? I have heard particularly good things about the new Spiderman! :3
    Good afternoon @Laura_tigger82.

I am definitely going to. I am going to treat as her friend for the moment, and if it develops into a relationship, I will take it from there.

That is true. I will try to keep reminding myself of that, and I am okay thank you. Thank you.

I would definitely recommend the new Spiderman, but I am not so sure about Ghostbusters: Afterlife.
    Hi @Creativeboy23

Thanks for your response. Good luck with things. I hope things go well for you, no matter what the outcome is. If you ever need a reminder of your worth, we are always here for you. It is wonderful to hear you would also recommend the new Spiderman. Keep shining :3
    edited January 2022
    Thank you @Laura_tigger82. Likewise. 😀😀
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Welcome @crossflame20 :)
    Aww, thanks @Creativeboy23. You are more than welcome. As you can see, our community is supportive and friendly and I hope you will find the same! If you need anything, just give us a shout :3
    Hello @Zay.

Thanks. Same to you.