Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hello

XEmilyXXEmilyX Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
Hi my name is Emily, i am a university student, I enjoy watching Netflix, spending time at the beach and helping others.

Comments

• XEmilyXXEmilyX Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    I'm looking forward to helping others where I can in this group, feel free to message me.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @XEmilyX

Welcome to The Mix's community. It is great to see you are already reaching out to us, getting involved, and wanting to support others.

I think it is these things combined that make our community the wonderful space it is. I hope you will find the same!

Please also remember that we are always here for you too though. On that note, how are you currently finding university?

Also, just so we get to know more about you as a person, would you like to tell us what you study and/or what you enjoy watching on Netflix? :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @XEmilyX

It's such a pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the community! I hope you're enjoying your degree and being kind to yourself! I think it's wonderful that you're dedicating time to help others, and I can't wait to see you around here!

Sending you lots of love <3
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    @XEmilyX Hey Emily welcome! Great to have you here - I love Netflix too (binge watching superstore) loool :)
    Oh, what's superstore about @gia9720? It sounds wonderful! =)
  • La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    Hello, welcome! I hope you have a great time here :3
    Netflix is awesome, what kinds of shows do you like?
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @XEmilyX Hi Emily. Welcome! I love the beach too! Especially for ice cream, sunbathing and reading a book. Hope you are enjoying your studies!
    @Stellaluna - The beach, ice cream, sunbathing, and reading a book sounds great indeed. Bring on the summer :)
    @Laura_tigger82 Yes bring on the summer or hopefully we'll get a heatwave soon so I can go to the beach now.
    @Stellaluna @Laura_tigger82
    Aww I can’t wait for summer too, I am thank you. Hope your both doing well, I’m always here to chat 😊
    @Laura_tigger82
    Thank so much for you kind words, I am currently studying Early Childhood Studies and I’m really enjoying it at the moment. I have just finished Emily in Paris on Netflix I really enjoy that series and I’m current watching Suit with my boyfriend.
    @gia9720 awww I love that show it’s so good need to each up on the new series
    @Zay
    Hi I am currently studying Early Childhood Studies , hope your well 😊
    edited January 2022
    @Stellaluna - Both of those ideas sound fabulous to me! Anything that brings sunshine, please :)

@XEmilyX - I am well thank you. How are you today? It is great to hear you are enjoying your degree in Early Childhood Studies, passion for what you study is super important. I am glad you are also enjoying TV. Would you like to give us a summary of those programmes? :)
    @XEmilyX Sounds wonderful! I read a book around a year ago about childhood studies, and I found it fascinating. I think it’s something we should all know a bit about. If you’ve got any book recommendations on Early Childhood studies so I can brush up on my knowledge that would be great! :)
    @Laura_tigger82 Do you have anything you like to do to relax or as self-care? :)
    Hi @Stellaluna

Thanks for your response. I may also have book recommendations on Early Childhood studies for you! What sort of thing, in particular, are you looking for? As self-care, I like warm baths, listening to music, and watching comfort TV (like The Simpsons). What do you like to do to relax or as self-care? :)
    @Laura_tigger82 Thanks for offering recommendations, you are so kind. I'm really interested in how culture and society shape children's experiences of childhood. I like being nerdy about it and seeing what the research says, especially more modern research because the books I read were written a little while ago now. For self-care I like being outdoors in nature, visiting zoos, going to the beach and music. I'd like to do more yoga to relax myself so I might look for a local class or some online lessons.
    Hey @Stellaluna

Thanks for your response. Oh wow, your research interest sounds really fascinating and important! From your experience, do the books have any common conclusions about how culture and society shape children's experiences of childhood? I also like listening to music. Do you have any particular favourite music? :3
  • gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    @XEmilyX what there's a new series :P imma need to check it out
    @Laura_tigger82 Hello. Sorry for the late reply. The childhood studies I did covered many topics. I was really interested in the differences between individualistic societies and collectivist ones. One topic I found interesting was IQ tests to measure intelligence and how the ideas about intelligence differ across cultures.
    Generally, it seems cultures shape the values, aspirations and roles children are raised to embody.
    For music it depends on my mood. If I want to relax, I enjoy listening to classical music but if I want to go out walking then I’ll probably listen to EDM music! What’s your favourite music?