Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi everyone

adriana_adriana_ Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
I’m new here and was introduced to the Mix by a friend, I like helping people around me

Currently a uni student, I like reading and watching Netflix and really into gym as it helps me mentally and physically

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @adriana_

Welcome to The Mix's community. It is great to see you have joined us.

I hope you will enjoy spending your time here in The Mix's community.

I think we are a supportive and friendly community and I hope you will find the same.

I am glad you enjoy the gym and that it helps you. It is always good to at least have one thing that helps.

Can I ask you what you study, please? This is just out of curiosity as I'm also a university student!

Also, what do you like reading and watching the most? :) I'm a big Disney fan myself!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @Laura_tigger82

I’m studying psychology and criminology, you?

Books I’m currently reading “the five people you meet in heaven” by Mitch Albom. With shows I like a bit of everything
  • Options
    Hey @adriana_

Aww, Psychology and Criminology sounds really interesting! How are you finding it?

It reminds me of my Access to Higher Education in Social Sciences as that included Psychology, Sociology, and Criminology.

I am currently studying for a Masters degree in education with a focus on special educational needs and disabilities.

Oooh, your book sounds really intriguing! Would you like to give us a brief description of what it is about? :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82

Yeah I’m loving it, this is my final year so I’m excited for the next step.

I done work experience within special education with needs and disabilities for young adults when I was in sixth form, I really enjoyed.

I just started reading the book, but from the first few chapters it really does give an insight of our day to day life. I’ll recommend for you to read it and it’s not too long
  • Options
    Hi @adriana_

Yay, I'm glad to hear you are doing well with your degree. I am excited to see what the next step brings you! Good luck.

Do you know what you want to do as a career yet? I'm just curious about what the next steps might look like for you.

I am at a similar place in my degree. I have the dissertation left and then it will be time for the next step for me.

I'll add the book to my reading recommendations! Thanks for the recommendation. The book sounds great :3

• Options
    gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    HAPPY NEW YEAR :) Welcome @adriana_ <3 Great to have you here.

I've recently graduated uni studying psychology, lemme know if you ever need anything !! What modules did you pick for your final year :)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Hey @gia9720

Congratulations on graduating ❤️

My autumn modules were drug policy, family criminology, forensic psychology and my dissertation but in the spring semester I chose a module about autism
  • Options
    Hey @Zay

Thank you so much xx
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Ooh, what were your favourite modules @adriana_ and @gia9720? :3