Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Our minds n imaginary friends

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,960 Community Veteran
Why do we create ppl in our heads, and give them the names of real ppl Nd lie to our families about having trusting ppl in our lives
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

This can happen for different reasons for different people. Are you able to identify why you created imaginary friends? :3

It might help to think about when you created imaginary friends and how imaginary friends makes you feel <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,960 Community Veteran
    i dont no where nice ppl face2face
    Crazy mad insane
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000 It's often a coping mechanism to help us deal with the difficulties within our lives, and it's perfectly okay. Do you create these imaginary friends to provide you with support and care, in a time where you maybe feel unsupported by real people around you?
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,960 Community Veteran
    it in someway does give me a bit of support yeah. i do l8ly feel unsupported. n its hard to tlk to real ppl coz even b4 covid i developed 'agurophobia', if thts the word
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

Sorry to hear you feel unsupported and that it is hard to talk to people.

Do you find it any easier to write how you feel and give that to people?

If so, would this be something you could do?

If not, could you keep your written feelings for you to reflect on?

I am really proud of you that you feel able to talk to us about how you feel even though this is something you struggle with.

We are always here for you, listening to you and care about you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @ellie2000 I understand completely, I've also suffered from agoraphobia, so I understand how difficult it can be to leave the house and have social conversations with others. I think it's really great that you're finding ways to get support when you feel unsupported though. We all have different coping mechanisms. I wonder if you've ever reached out to SHOUT by text (85258) or the Samaritans (116123) if you feel low or in need of support from real life people?