Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Medical suspension

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
edited December 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
ed95yambb41a.png

I am on suspended leave due to ill mental health and I went on my account for work and it says my estimate day I come back is at the end of February like whatttt. I was planning to come back this week but yeah not going to now as still feeling in acute crisis. So am thinking next week but why does it say February am confused. I can’t stay at home for that long. I mean I know I can do what I want as it’s mental health related but work can sometimes help distract me. I guess I have to speak to my gp for a fit note. But why didn’t they put the end of January or something why February like who made that date?
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Shaunie

Sorry to hear this news. Do you feel comfortable checking in with your employer? :)

They may be able to change it or at least explain it :3

They may have put it as the end of February to give you the flexibility as to when you are feeling ready! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Shaunie

I hope you're doing okay, I understand this can be very distressing and frustrating, when you know work can be a distraction to negative thoughts. I'm so sorry you're still feeling in crisis, how has the crisis team been in supporting you?

As Laura has said, do you feel like it's possible to discuss this with your employer? I know that's not always possible, so only do what's most comfortable for you. Your GP, may sign you as fit for work before February, so maybe it's just more of a guideline, to ensure you don't feel pressured to return too early.
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Shaunie as the others have said I think good idea to check in with them, but I would assume they may have put it in as a holder for now of 10 weeks so you don’t feel pressured to go back sooner than you feel comfortable. It sounded like Occ Health person was in direct contact with you before, would you feel comfortable reaching out to them to ask?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Thanks guys

Oh yeah didn’t realise it was 10 weeks. Thought just a random day.

I had Discharge review from crisis and went well. I was like it’s fine I don’t mind being discharged cause already been with me for longer than the usual. There service is 3-7 days. Been with them for nearly 2 weeks. but she said I won’t be discharged just yet at least till the new year
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    We are always happy to help you @Shaunie :3

I am glad to hear the discharge review with crisis went well! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @shaunie I'm really pleased to read that the crisis team are staying with you, and giving you extra support and time, to ensure you're fully ready to be discharged in the new year! How are you feeling after everything?
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Glad you're getting that extra support @Shaunie ! I hope that leave of absence makes more sense now too, because that would certainly have been confusing if I were in your position too <3 How do you feel about the team saying you won't be discharged yet? xxx
  • Options
    Sectioned again 136
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this @shaunie :'(

I hope they look after you and support you until you are feeling better and back on your feet :3

We are also here for you if you need us. Sending you big virtual hugs <3
  • Options
    @Shaunie I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you, how are you feeling about being sectioned? Do you think this will benefit you?

Sending you lots of love <3
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Big love to you throughout this process Shaunie <3 I can't even imagine how overwhelming this all is. We are here for you no matter how you're feeling xxx
  • Options
    Neha12Neha12 Posts: 12 Settling in
    Sorry to hear you :'(