Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hey :)

LeonLeon Deactivated Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
Hey Everyone,

I’m Leon and I’m head of Services at the Mix! My role’s a bit of a mouthful but I’m responsible for all of the Mix’s services that provide direct support; The Mix’s Community, Helpline, Counselling & also the Volunteer and Training that supports all of that work. I am also The Mix’s Designated Safeguarding Lead – so I also take a lead for all the different systems, processes and actions we take to keep people safe and to prevent harm. If you’re interested there’s a bit more info about me on the Mix’s website: https://www.themix.org.uk/about-us/staff

It’s really important to me that I’m involved in helping to deliver the support in the services I oversee; so will always jump on the helpline, or delivering training to volunteers and moving forward, Supporting community team with boards and in chats! but because of the nature of my job that won't be as regular as it will be for @Aife,@Mike,@Connor or @Emma. So, I may not get a chance to interact with you all as consistently as they do, but looking forward to chatting and meeting you all 😊
“Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.”
― David Richo

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” ― Maya Angelou

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Leon :)

What a wonderful job you do indeed. Thanks for joining us!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome @Leon ! 💜💜
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Leon welcome welcome ♥️ Great to have you here
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,859 Extreme Poster
    Glad to have you here! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! <3
    “Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.”
    ― David Richo

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” ― Maya Angelou

• Options
    You are welcome @Leon. How are your Christmas holidays going for you? :3
  • Options
    Not too bad thanks @Laura_tigger82! Lots of food and playing with my nephew so far. How about you?
    ― David Richo

• Options
    That sounds fab @Leon :3

Similar here! Lots of food and time with family :)