Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How are you feeling about climate change?

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
Hi everyone,

Some of you might have heard about the COP26 event currently happening in Glasgow. This event is all about climate change and how countries are planning to tackle it.

We're hearing a lot about this in the news at the moment and I wanted to start a post to hear how you're all feeling about climate change and the suggestions made by leaders around the world?

If climate change is making you feel worried, you're not alone. If you'd like to get some support around this, feel free to post about how you're feeling in this thread here <3

You may also like to take a read of an article we have on The Mix's website which has some tips about how to cope with anxiety about the environment.
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    I feel worried about climate change, but I also feel hopeful about the future. There is so much awareness around climate change and so many amazing people making a positive impact. Big companies are also starting to do small things to make difference, like the coop using compostable bags. I think there is still alot to be done and hopefully the sumit will help that. Like @GMan its getting the countries to agree which will be the difficult part.
  • Options
    emilia_eemilia_e Posts: 16 Settling in
    Climate anxiety is a real issue for me and honestly I try not to think about it but I myself know I am doing everything I can to do my bit and that helps slightly. The only other thing we can do is hope that those with more power take tangible action fast. FINGERS CROSSED
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Couldn't agree more @emilia_e , it can be beyond scary to comprehend the magnitude of the challenges we are facing because of climate change, even when you feel confident in your own individual action, we are so strongly aware of how much more powerful companies can do. Huge hopes for the future with all my fingers crossed <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    As much as it's great to see the words and announcements, I think we'll all judge the responsible parties more by their actions. Lots of commitments pledged, now to see the changes and actions to make those happen. Some of the big emitters (countries and industries) are yet to fully commit which is disappointing but not surprising
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.