Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Seeing fake halloween blood and being a present/ex self harmer

DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
edited October 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
*Trig Warning*

Hi All,

I had a situation that caught me off guard. Someone had fake blood where I use to do what I did and I keep seeing it in my mind.

I hate the intense feeling it's left me and I'm kinda shocked that it's had this effect on me.

I'm also worried for this weekend and how to deal with similar sights.

I have a strong reason not to SH but I feel like crap.

How do you feel around fake blood?
What helps you to get over it?

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Distraction

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you have seen this. I am not surprised to hear it is difficult. Please remember you can always talk to The Mix helpline and Samaritans about how you are feeling. Is there something that normally helps you to take your mind off difficult things? To hopefully help, I have listed The Mix helpline and Samaritans contact details below. I will look forward to hearing from you again soon. Keep holding on <3

The Mix helpline:

- Phone 0808 808 4994 (3 pm - 12 am every day)
    - Email through https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team/email-us
    - Crisis Messenger (24/7) - text THEMIX to 85258
    - One-to-one chat (3 pm - 12 am, 7 days a week) https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team

Samaritans (24/7)

- Call 116 123
    - Email jo@samaritans.org
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    That must have been deeply distressing and upsetting for you, @Distraction . I cannot begin to imagine the intense emotions this must have stirred up for you. It sounds like you really wanted to try to 'be okay' with fake blood by the time Halloween came round in particular, and I am wondering how you managed to cope the last couple of days? Here if you need <3 x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    @Distraction
    I am sorry that you've have experienced this. I am prouf of oyu for resiting the urge to SH, you are doing really well.
    Some tips to help you with these intense feeling might to write them down on your phone and then delete them, this would help you express those feelings in a healthy way. Another thing you could is when you go out for Halloween to have a space you could go to maybe with someone you trust, where you can relax. Maybe have a video on your phone u can watch or game you can play. Breathing excerises would help too.
    I hope you had a good halloween and that your are feeling better!
  • Options
    emilia_eemilia_e Posts: 16 Settling in
    I can relate entirely to this feeling, it is the initial shock more than anything that gets to you. I feel in my case the more I exposed myself to in this case fake blood the less it effected me. of course you need to know at what stage you are within yourself to know that you can cope positively with such exposure but hopefully next year it won't be quite as triggering. Focus entirely on those reasons you have not to SH and have confidence that those reasons can outweigh the urge. I promise it gets better