Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bedtimes

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
wats a usaul time, so the night last 4eva.
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    It varies for everyone @ellie2000 and it can vary depending on circumstances too. For instance, unfortunately, when I am at uni it tends to be much later than in the holidays. In the holidays I prioritise sleep so I sleep early to give me the rest I need! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Same goes for me too, Ellie. Each person also has a different way that their mind and body work, so some people perform different tasks such as homework, the gym and relaxing leisure activities better depending on who they are. This really is okay, as long as going to bed at whatever specific time works for you. I hear, however, that most people operate the best when their bedtime is similar, regardless of when (e.g., going to bed at 1am every night, as opposed to 1am one night and 10pm the next). Sometimes this is not always possible though, and getting into a routine can be really tough tbh. What's got you thinking about bedtimes, and when is yours usually? <3 xx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    It really does vary for me too, I just go to bed when I’m tired these days. I don’t mind so long as I can at least try to get 8 hours sleep. So tonight it’s 10:20pm and I’m in bed watching the chase, but sometimes I stay up till about 1am if I’m not really tired. Catch me up after 2am and you know there’s a problem haha
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I'm glad to hear how much everyone aims to prioritise getting enough sleep for themselves, because as had been said, our minds and bodies are certainly likely to be happier if we make sure they are rested enough. I know this is not always a reality though, as circumstances might intervene, like needing to support a friend late at night. It's also possible for some people not to be able to sleep for 8 hours, or they need significantly more than that. Working out what is best for you is what matters the most here, Ellie <3 x