Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

World Mental Health Day - Sunday 10 October - Light a candle at 7pm to raise awareness

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
edited October 2021 in General Chat
ob7pn4dmqv76.png
Hi everyone,

World Mental Health Day is on Sunday 10th October and this year's theme is 'Mental Health in an Unequal World'.

To recognise the importance of this day and join the fight for mental health equality, I thought we could light candles at 7pm together and post photos of them in this discussion.

If you don't have a candle, you can still take part by sharing a photo from Google or using one of these GIFs.

Let's join the fight for mental health equality <3
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    This is such a fantastic idea to do! I will be joining for sure.
  • Options
    ggg1972ggg1972 Posts: 3 Newbie
    I’ll be joining too. Great idea
  • Options
    La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    This sounds really good!
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • Options
    La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    zla287kban0j.jpg
    my mum lit a candle 🕯
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    gz5gius2c25s.jpg
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    What an amazing thread! Thanks for initiating it
    @Aife Made my day to see all these candles. I hope everyone felt supported today, as always. We are always here for each other :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    It's been lovely to see all of your candles posted here, such a nice way for us all to remember this day together.

@Laura_tigger82 - it's made by day too seeing the candles!

Unfortunately I wasn't working yesterday to log in, but here's my candle from yesterday <3

ej22ja09e73l.jpg

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤