Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

getting things off my chest

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
normally i hav to wait, or till i msg someone 'ZOOM NOW!!!!' then ppl answer. wat service do ppl prefer to call: samaritans, shout or...? who best? and r they different nd how?

Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    I like Samaritans cause they have a live webchat feature but I don't know if any similar services have things like that too
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    they hav little training, 4 days i heard
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I suppose it depends what kind of support you are looking for, some places like Samaritans are great for just being able to vent and express your feelings with no judgement, whereas Shout can be appropriate for trying to come up with coping mechanisms for your pain too. What do you think would be more useful for you, Ellie? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i wanted to talk to the HMN TRAINER yesterday but i couldnt. so i emailed my feelings instead. is tht right thing to do?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It sounds like you did a fantastic job of adapting when your first option wasn't available to you, which is really smart! This certainly sounds like the right decision to me :) Did you end up getting a reply, Ellie? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i havnt tlkd to my keyworker l8ly and tht frustrates me very much, he ignores my zoom links :(
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @ellie2000 I'm sorry that you are feeling like this. Do you see him in person, if so, perhaps it would be a good idea to tell him in person-however uncomfortable it may be. But well done for adapting to your situation.