Home Fix The Mix
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The Mix safeguarding co-design opportunity! (Wed 29th, 6pm - 7.30pm)

BenMaBenMa Posts: 66 Boards Initiate
Hey!

I have an exciting opportunity for everyone to get involved in. The Mix is running a co-design led jointly by young people and the staff team. It will be held online, in our group chat space, on Wednesday 29th September from 6pm to 7.30pm.

This is the start of a big charity-wide conversation reviewing safeguarding at The Mix. One of the first steps is consulting with those who use our community (that’s you!) and other services.

This session will focus on what a safeguarding policy should achieve for young people and gives you a perfect opportunity to share your thoughts. We want to ensure a range of views are represented so you’re welcome, and encouraged, to attend whether you have lots of understanding of safeguarding or none!

To sign up, you can click here: https://forms.office.com/r/y0Ua8cvpM2

If you have any questions or would like to know more, drop a comment below or PM @TheMix.

I hope to see lots of you there!

Ben
(psst. I’m a Youth Representative and a member of the Safeguarding Review Steering Group)
Children, after all, are not just adults-in-the-making. They are people whose current needs and rights and experiences must be taken seriously. – Alfie Kohn
DancerLa_La

Comments

• Emma_Emma_ 🥦🌻🌿 Vibing with plants and vegan food Posts: 311 Community Manager
    Really looking forward to this and hearing everyone's views!

It'll take place before chat so come along, we'd love to see you there :)
    BenMa
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 7,308 Master Poster
    Is there a deadline for signing up? Should this thread maybe be pinned so forgetful people like me remember to sign up :joy:
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Emma_
    The session is this wednesday so good shout! You'll need to sign up by 5pm on Wednesday to be able to attend :)@independent_
    BenMa
    This is a really great opportunitiy to feed in to The Mix's safeguarding work to help us ensure it achieves all it should. Really recommend you coming along if you're free tomorrow evening ✨
    plus, free cookie :cookie:
    BenMa
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Bpd bitch ✌🏼 Posts: 825 Part of The Mix Family
    I have signed up :)
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Emma_BenMa
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,896 Part of The Furniture
    I signed up as well.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
    BenMa
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 7,308 Master Poster
    Me too, it sounds interesting.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    BenMa