Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I feel so empty and stressed for nearly nothing

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited November 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
It feels like I have been doing nothing all day and for no purpose. I feel so empty. The job market is not good for the job I want to take. I also feel so lost as a student. I have learnt nearly nothing. Not even 1% I wanted to learn. I also cannot really remember things so I guess that is why I feel this way. My heart is also racing for no reason because I don't even know what I should be anxious about.

mod edit: moved from Anything Goes
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    I think it would be good for you to speak to someone in your university, like an academic adviser or lecturer. It seems like you have a lot of negative feelings about your course and it might be good for you to talk them out with someone who know about your field and could give you information about their journey in your field of stufy
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    I think it would be good for you to speak to someone in your university, like an academic adviser or lecturer. It seems like you have a lot of negative feelings about your course and it might be good for you to talk them out with someone who know about your field and could give you information about their journey in your field of stufy

@SirArchibald Thanks. But it is too late. I am near the end of the course. I am also flooded by coursework
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Kate_20 I am sorry you are going through this. Have you tried assigning certain segments of the day for only coursework? It may be helpful to talk to your teacher/ tutor. Do you think that would help?
    maryam852 wrote: »
    @Kate_20 I am sorry you are going through this. Have you tried assigning certain segments of the day for only coursework? It may be helpful to talk to your teacher/ tutor. Do you think that would help?

@maryam852 I am really sorry. I shouldn't have gone on meds. My life is a mess now. Can barely think clearly
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Kate_20 I completely understand, medication can make you feel so dreary and to be honest, can make you feel a lot worse but please keep in mind that it takes time. Why are you sorry, you have done nothing wrong! I want you to take a deep breath and take a step back.
    maryam852 wrote: »
    @Kate_20 I completely understand, medication can make you feel so dreary and to be honest, can make you feel a lot worse but please keep in mind that it takes time. Why are you sorry, you have done nothing wrong! I want you to take a deep breath and take a step back.

@maryam852 I am still not feeling okay :( I am so anxious. I went down to 12.5 mg still feel like hell.
  • eeb99eeb99 Posts: 14 Settling in
    @Kate_20 I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling, your anxiety sounds really tough.

You mentioned your prescription was reduced, was this after a conversation with your GP? If so I wonder if you would consider going to see your GP again and maybe discussing the difficulties you are having with your current meds and if they have any other options that might suit you better, perhaps with more benefits to your anxiety and fewer side effects - I'm sure they would completely understand if you explained your struggles to think clearly for example?

Really hope you're alright :)
    eeb99 wrote: »
    @Kate_20 I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling, your anxiety sounds really tough.

You mentioned your prescription was reduced, was this after a conversation with your GP? If so I wonder if you would consider going to see your GP again and maybe discussing the difficulties you are having with your current meds and if they have any other options that might suit you better, perhaps with more benefits to your anxiety and fewer side effects - I'm sure they would completely understand if you explained your struggles to think clearly for example?

Really hope you're alright :)

@eeb99 No it wasn‘t. They told me to quit cold turkey if I want to stop. I did not listen.
    @Kate_20 I'm really sorry about that.

Have you ever considered looking into other options in terms of trying to get on top of your anxiety?

Personally, when I feel a bit foggy, a bit anxious and can't really think clearly I find putting a podcast/ my favourite playlist on and getting out for a walk does me so much good. Even if it's just a quick bit of fresh air it really helps clear my head!

I'm not suggesting walking will make you feel instantly better but just thought it might be something to consider :)

I can recommend some good podcasts that I really enjoy if you would like?
    @Kate_20 I'm really sorry about that.

Have you ever considered looking into other options in terms of trying to get on top of your anxiety?

Personally, when I feel a bit foggy, a bit anxious and can't really think clearly I find putting a podcast/ my favourite playlist on and getting out for a walk does me so much good. Even if it's just a quick bit of fresh air it really helps clear my head!

I'm not suggesting walking will make you feel instantly better but just thought it might be something to consider :)

I can recommend some good podcasts that I really enjoy if you would like?

@eeb99 Thanks. Yeah I would like to listen to some podcasts. Thank you so much for offering to share. I am looking forward to listening to them.
    @Kate_20 great!!

I'm not sure what kind of podcasts you're interested but some really good ones are...
    • Happy Place (Ferne Cotton) - A really conversational podcast hosted by Ferne Cotton, where she interviews a new celebrity guest each episode, talking through their personal lives and what makes them happy basically!
    • Off Menu (Ed Gamble & James Acaster) - Really funny one where celeb quests are asked to create their dream menu (a lot more enjoyable than it sounds, they always go off on very entertaining tangents!)
    • Sh**ged Married Annoyed (Chris & Rosie Ramsay) - Married comedians chat about anything and everything, answering weekly questions from the public and a secret celeb (I've never actually listened to this one but heard from friends it's hilarious so will definitely be giving it a go myself!)
    • Private Parts (Jamie Laing) - Another celebrity interview one, but where celebs are encouraged to spill stories they haven't told before/ chat through embarrassing moments etc (another really funny one - I have to stop myself laughing out loud when listening to this while out walking!)

These are all quite easy-to-listen, chatty/ upbeat podcasts. Let me know if you'd like any more recommendations, perhaps from different genres!!

By the way, apologies this has taken me so long to reply to, I'm new here and still getting used to it :)
    @Kate_20 great!!

I'm not sure what kind of podcasts you're interested but some really good ones are...
    • Happy Place (Ferne Cotton) - A really conversational podcast hosted by Ferne Cotton, where she interviews a new celebrity guest each episode, talking through their personal lives and what makes them happy basically!
    • Off Menu (Ed Gamble & James Acaster) - Really funny one where celeb quests are asked to create their dream menu (a lot more enjoyable than it sounds, they always go off on very entertaining tangents!)
    • Sh**ged Married Annoyed (Chris & Rosie Ramsay) - Married comedians chat about anything and everything, answering weekly questions from the public and a secret celeb (I've never actually listened to this one but heard from friends it's hilarious so will definitely be giving it a go myself!)
    • Private Parts (Jamie Laing) - Another celebrity interview one, but where celebs are encouraged to spill stories they haven't told before/ chat through embarrassing moments etc (another really funny one - I have to stop myself laughing out loud when listening to this while out walking!)

These are all quite easy-to-listen, chatty/ upbeat podcasts. Let me know if you'd like any more recommendations, perhaps from different genres!!

By the way, apologies this has taken me so long to reply to, I'm new here and still getting used to it :)

@eeb99 Thanks so much for the recommendations. I will have a look.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    I hope you enjoy them @Kate_20 :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Laura_tigger82 Yeah they are definitely good distractions for me.