Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

They said they may have identified the criminal but I am too afraid to retell what happened to me

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited September 2021 in General Chat
The police informed me recently that they may have identified the criminal but I am too afraid to retell what happened to me. My mind is in a mess. I don't feel well enough to do it. I am scared that I am going to provide them with the wrong information. I feel helpless and worthless. The damage is already caused and I have a problem with trusting people. I do want the criminal to get want they deserve. I can't think straight. I need to provide them with the time, place and what happened. What else do I need to provide them with?
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    That certainly all sounds distressing @Kate_20 it's totally understandable that you're feeling scared about all of this. I don't know how understanding those you're talking with will be but if you explain to the police how upsetting this all is for you I'm sure they will do everything they can to make things easier for you.

I wouldn't stress too much about giving them the wrong information since anything you can tell them will be helpful and as I said if you explain to them how distressed you are they will hopefully be understanding about it all.

Something to keep in mind is that it is the police's job to handle situations like these and they're very used to it all, I imagine they're also very used to speaking with people like you who are upset and scared about the whole thing. Hopefully knowing that will make the whole process a bit easier for you, try not to put too much pressure on yourself if you can. <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Riley wrote: »
    That certainly all sounds distressing @Kate_20 it's totally understandable that you're feeling scared about all of this. I don't know how understanding those you're talking with will be but if you explain to the police how upsetting this all is for you I'm sure they will do everything they can to make things easier for you.

I wouldn't stress too much about giving them the wrong information since anything you can tell them will be helpful and as I said if you explain to them how distressed you are they will hopefully be understanding about it all.

Something to keep in mind is that it is the police's job to handle situations like these and they're very used to it all, I imagine they're also very used to speaking with people like you who are upset and scared about the whole thing. Hopefully knowing that will make the whole process a bit easier for you, try not to put too much pressure on yourself if you can. <3

Thanks @Riley I've written it down so hopefully I won't forget about things when talking to the police. I will tell them I am still scared and worried.
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Kate_20 This seems a hard time for you, Kate. I think it is important to remember that you feelings are valid but I am happy you are acknowledging them. You seem to be conflicted in your feelings, which is completely fine. It may be helpful to differentiate between your feelings and the facts you will need to tell the police but please note that it is completely normal to forget pieces of information. If you need to reveal some information you don't want to or don't want to retell, write it down or tell them that so they know. You seem to be quite stressed about going to the police but remember that you will be ok. I hope you can solve this dilemma and I'm grateful you reached out.
    maryam852 wrote: »
    @Kate_20 This seems a hard time for you, Kate. I think it is important to remember that you feelings are valid but I am happy you are acknowledging them. You seem to be conflicted in your feelings, which is completely fine. It may be helpful to differentiate between your feelings and the facts you will need to tell the police but please note that it is completely normal to forget pieces of information. If you need to reveal some information you don't want to or don't want to retell, write it down or tell them that so they know. You seem to be quite stressed about going to the police but remember that you will be ok. I hope you can solve this dilemma and I'm grateful you reached out.

@maryam852 I am also scared of the police because it was also them who broke inside my room without my permission when I was in crisis, making me scared of people knocking on my door. It was them who made me feel like I had no freedom and no choice. I am scared of the crime that happened to me. When I ended up being locked in hospital overnight after the crime, the criminals had freedom but I did not. I was treated less than a criminal. The police failed to contact me for some reason and it is even more overwhelming.
  • RuhRuh Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    Hi it’s hard I know and ur not alone in feeling nervous. At least u have jotted things down so u don’t forget and just try to go through it in a systematic manner which u feel is correct. There is no such thing as perfect and the police are there to help and provide support so try not to worry and think about it too much - all the best and let us know how it went if ur happy to do so
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    They know that it'll be hard for you, so if you're feeling anxious that's normal. Try and focus and do your best to provide the information that you can recall x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited September 2021
    Azziman wrote: »
    They know that it'll be hard for you, so if you're feeling anxious that's normal. Try and focus and do your best to provide the information that you can recall x

Thanks @Azziman I will try. They are still not contacting me I feel more and more anxious. Probably need to disclose to the police about my mental health though.
    Post edited by Kate_20 on
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Kate_20 I am sorry to hear that and it must have been so hard and that should never have happened. I think it is important to understand that you do have a choice and you do have freedom even if you don't feel like it but I can completely understand your feelings on this. I hope that you are able to solve this and perhaps contact the police yourself to find out what is happening, I am sure they will be happy to help. Please do not worry and keep safe.
    maryam852 wrote: »
    @Kate_20 I am sorry to hear that and it must have been so hard and that should never have happened. I think it is important to understand that you do have a choice and you do have freedom even if you don't feel like it but I can completely understand your feelings on this. I hope that you are able to solve this and perhaps contact the police yourself to find out what is happening, I am sure they will be happy to help. Please do not worry and keep safe.

@maryam852 I will try but I am not sure if I can keep my promise anymore :(
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    How did u get notified it's probably a scam
    Crazy mad insane
    Even the ones from HMRC, as it's lockdown ppl r bored
    Crazy mad insane
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    How did u get notified it's probably a scam
    I think we can probably assume @Kate_20 was notified of this legitimately @ellie2000. :) It sounds like it's an ongoing case with formal communication channels rather than an SMS message.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    If they know can't something well, they'll put pressure on you. Just 4 them to do less work
    Crazy mad insane