Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

World Suicide Prevention Day- 10 Sept

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited June 2023 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi everyone,

World Suicide Prevention Day is an important day and it’s coming up on Friday 10 September.

In the lead up to World Suicide Prevention Day, The Mix will be launching a campaign. There’s a focus this year on young men. The campaign aims to reduce the stigma men face when seeking help, start open conversations and provide support for men's mental health.

I’d really like to hear your ideas on what we can do on the community to help reduce the stigma men face when seeking support, start open discussions and support topics here on the community.

If you have any ideas, post them below :)
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Are females allowed to help out with ideas?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    @Dancer of course! Anyone can help out with ideas and take part in anything we do :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Dancer I think it is very admirable that you want to take part in this even if the event doesn't directly apply to you, well done! Do you have any specific ideas you'd like to share?
  • summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    Dancer wrote: »
    Are females allowed to help out with ideas?

It is really lovely you want to help fellow people and I admire you thought that well done!
    you are caring and so lovely keep being awesome, Hugs :)
    summer
  • summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    Aife wrote: »
    @Dancer of course! Anyone can help out with ideas and take part in anything we do :)

do we just message here if we want to add things on?
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2021
    summerxo21 wrote: »
    Aife wrote: »

do we just message here if we want to add things on?
    Yep @summerxo21 - just chuck them in this thread and we can talk about them. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.