Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Community Quiz (Friday 3rd September, 7-8pm)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
u3annwpvlc8w.gif
GIF: Richard Ayoarde on BFQOTY saying 'this quiz is a marathon'

There will be a community quiz during chat break!

For those who don't know the format: there are 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point awarded for the fastest correct answer.

Badges and sometimes other goodies are awarded to the winner of each round as well as the person with the overall highest score. You also get the chance to knock the reigning champion off their podium. 👑

The quiz will take place in group chat.

Here are the rounds:
  1. Choose your own topic!
  2. The Mix Trivia
  3. General Knowledge

In the usual way, we want you guys to write and host your own rounds. Writing means you come up with the questions, and hosting means being the person to ask your questions on the night. Hosts also declare the winner of each point in their round (with the mod having the final say ;) ).

If you'd like to write and/or host a round, reply below! If lots of people are interested, we'll prioritise those who haven't hosted recently, so please don't take it personally if you're not chosen.

You're also welcome to co-host with someone else or as a group - feel free to be creative!

If you're chosen to host, you'll need to send us your questions for checking by Tuesday 31st :)

nf3njlzb6ch5.gif
GIF: otter chilling on its back in the water and scratching

(Sidenote, how freaking adorable are otters?)
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    edited August 2021
    I could write questions for a round but I would not be able to host my round. I would like to do "choose your own topic" and do about guessing song titles from a small amount of lyrics provided.

And yes, otters are adorable.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Mike. Wow, what a great idea! <3 Also, thanks for the otter, the otter made me smile! Hope everyone can enjoy this quiz :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    I love your idea @Dancer. I am not the strongest at general knowledge but love music rounds! Your round makes me want to join in :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 817 Part of The Mix Family
    Happy Sunday!

I’d like to write questions for a round, If possible I’d like to do general knowledge. But I don’t mind if that’s not possible.

Have a great day :)
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Oh cool, I love these quizzes
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hey Team

Here's how the quiz is shaping up so far:

@SpaceOtter - General Knowledge
    @Dancer - "Choose your Own" - Song Titles

We're still looking for someone/ a group to create the "The Mix Trivia" Round so do give us a shout if you're keen.

We need all quiz rounds sent to @TheMix via PM before Tuesday 31st, sooo get writing :tongue:
  • Options
    I won't be able to host my round when it comes to the quiz but I can still write the questions for my round if that is okay.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    No worries @Dancer - wonder if anyone else would like to host Dancer's round?

If not the mod can do it :)
  • Options
    A heads up that we're still looking for someone to write and host "The Mix Trivia" round!

If there's no takers, we're happy for someone to write a round on "choose your own topic" instead, we're just super keen to have 3 rounds! Let us know ASAP :tongue:
  • Options
    I'm already doing a choose your own topic round. Or do you mean there would be 2 rounds of choose your own topic plus general knowledge?
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Maybe offer it to the chat mods to see if they want to write a round. (Don't know if you have already)
  • Options
    That sounds like a great idea.
  • Options
    Nice idea @GreenTea ! will put it too them :)

@Dancer we meant have 2 rounds of choose your own :)
  • Options
    Okay! Just thought it be nice to give them the opportunity as it doesn't seem as popular in the community this time!
  • Options
    That makes sense now. Thank you for telling me @Emma_
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey everyone,

Just a reminder the quiz will be taking place tonight at 7pm. You can join by following this link to group chat.

Have a great time!

Aife & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    TheMix wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just a reminder the quiz will be taking place tonight at 7pm. You can join by following this link to group chat.

Have a great time!

Aife & the team

Did you get enough volunteers for the writing and hosting?
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    I will try to join although may be a little late
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Community quiz starts in 3 mins
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    Hello people @independent_ lovely pic :)
    never met before, hey i'm summer
  • Options
    I probably won’t be able to join now my sister arrived for a drink😂
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

I might get popped too! oh my days we are the same age :)
  • Options
    summerxo21 wrote: »

That’s cool! I’m 18, I’ll be 19 in December.

Also welcome
  • Options
    Also scrap my last message, i am at the quiz now
  • Options

Also welcome

what date? i'm the 24th
  • Options
    So the results are in (posting as Imogen doesn’t have a boards account):

Round 1 winner is @xoxolollielovejess1n (and thanks to @Dancer for the questions, I missed that one but I’m sure they were great)

Round 2 winner is @Apollo
    Round 3 winner is also @Apollo (and thank you to @SpaceOtter for the questions)

Overall winner is @Apollo - and also I think you should get an award for such fast typing.
  • Options

Also welcome

what date? i'm the 24th

Ahhh I’m the 5th!
  • Options
    okay @independent_ who was fast at typing sorry
  • Options
    well done @xoxolollielovejess1n and @Apollo congrats :) you know your stuff <3
  • Options
    okay @independent_ who was fast at typing sorry

Apollo was, his keyboard skills are very impressive - my typing, especially when combined with a glass of wine, is very full of mistakes lol