Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

alcohol

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
how does alcohol effect ur body, and could it be used asking 4 help
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    wen ur introduced to it by a cleaner, is it usual to crave more
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited August 2021
    hi ellie,

in general terms, alcohol is a depressant. after just a few drinks it feels more like a stimulant: people might feel more confident, sociable etc. but then after a few more drinks, the depressant effects are more noticeable, like slowed reactions (less alert), impaired vision etc. it's really important to drink safely and in moderation. you can learn more about safe drinking and the effects on your body here

when needing help, the best way is to talk. is anything being done to help you with the cleaner situation? :heart:
  • Options
    he gets me to tht point :( i cant control wat ppl do. is it a way of hurting me. im trying to make sense of stuff
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    mum wanted to spend time with me on saturday n i couldnt stay up
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    you should never be made to drink, let alone drink more than you wish. you don't deserve this happening to you at all :heart: did your mum know that this was the reason you couldn't stay up on saturday?
  • Options
    no, FTWWW!!!!
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    FriendlyneighbourFriendlyneighbour Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Hi Ellie,

You mentioned you're trying to make sense of stuff and that he gets you to that point. Is the cleaner forcing you to drink alcohol? Is there someone at home you can talk to about this?

As coc0mac mentioned, alcohol is a depressant, and it is important not to abuse it. Is it just the once, that you have tried it?
  • Options
    the cleaner is, he wont leave till its gone and he finds it funny so i miss a zoom session. it cancel me out the whole day or two days on occasions, he asks 4 a tenner every week, but last week he paid he got the cheaper 1.

i locked the door so he cant get in and i left the key in the door. anything else u can think of tht i havnt done 4 security
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    FriendlyneighbourFriendlyneighbour Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000

It's important to feel safe and so I'm glad you can lock your door but this isn't a long term solution. It's really inappropriate what the cleaner is doing. Is there a parent or guardian you can speak to about his behaviour?
  • Options
    i feel normal today, he got fired :). im making myself Rødgrød med fløde to celebrate
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 817 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Ellie I’m really glad to hear that , that’s really good news and sounds like a grest way to celebrate. Sending lots of hugs <3
    You're awesome!