Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

section 136- dbs

Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
Does section 136 show on an enhanced DBS check? i got sectioned for the first time today...under 136 only in an unsafe place...i didn't resist or anything or do anything to officers...

i work in a children's home and I'm not terrified it'll come up when it gets updated in August...should i tell my manager what happened? I'm terrified of losing my job

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It shouldn't come up on DBS as mental health isn't a crime. I've had a police call out in the past and was worried but there was nothing on my DBS
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    It shouldn't come up on DBS as mental health isn't a crime. I've had a police call out in the past and was worried but there was nothing on my DBS

thank you, did you get an enhanced one? my DBS renews next month.. and I'm worried if I don't tell my employer and it comes up ill loose my job
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Mel_ wrote: »

thank you, did you get an enhanced one? my DBS renews next month.. and I'm worried if I don't tell my employer and it comes up ill loose my job

Yh I get enhanced one.
    https://www.rethink.org/advice-and-information/rights-restrictions/rights-and-restrictions/criminal-record-checks/
    Have a read here
  • Options
    Mel_ wrote: »

Yh I get enhanced one.
    https://www.rethink.org/advice-and-information/rights-restrictions/rights-and-restrictions/criminal-record-checks/
    Have a read here

yeah I've been reading all the articles but it just says it might... which terrified me more ah
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited July 2021
    I don’t think a 136 does. But I think a section 2 might. But wouldn’t quote me on that as never had a DBS. I thought I did but turns out it never went through. It also depends on what you did to get the section. Like I was tasered and even tho it wasn’t because I was gunna harm them it is still on my records and sometimes it takes police a bit longer to come out to me because they do a health and safety risk. Basically implying I’m a danger.

But if an employee did find out about it some how then you can explain what happened and how it’s nothing related to how capable you are for a job. And if they find that a problem then you don’t want to work with those sort of people anyway

I don’t really care if mine comes up on my DBS cause all I wanna be is a peer support worker (someone who has experience of mental health and uses that to support others) and they are aware things can show up on a DBS check related to mental health
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited July 2021
    Also before getting a DBS check. You can disclose anything you are worried might come up. And if you explain the situation befor hand and they understand it and still do the DBS check it will not be a problem at all because you disclosed it. So I wouldn’t let it worry you too much
    Or, the employer will usually give you a chance to disclose what happened and why, and then make a decision, they don't normally just say you can't have the job
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley