Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

giving help

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,985 Community Veteran
edited July 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
i go to a thing wen its normal, instead of being scared all the time, i want ppl to tell me 'well done, ellie' so i would to provide useful stuff where ppl can get help. i dont wanna b called names and wen tht hpns i decline
does any1 no any numbers or services or apps i can give to ppl
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000

That sounds really difficult so I am sorry to hear that people have been calling you names - you really don't deserve that. I hope you don't mind me asking, but whose calling you names?

What type of numbers/services/apps are you looking for? Numbers, services and apps to help people with mental health?

Sending you lots of big virtual hugs your way.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited July 2021
    I agree with rose, you really don't deserve to be called names. at the mix, we are always proud of you for taking the time to speak out about how you are feeling and working to get the support you deserve. so from us - a big "well done Ellie" :blush::heart:

the mix has a service finder, which is a big directory of support services. maybe this will be a helpful tool for you? :blush:
  • Options
    that can help ppl wen they're stuggling
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    RAIN.ORG is a gd one tht i got off of here
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    where i go for music hasnt got any posters or leaflets coz the director is a big fat slob haha and he lives in 1982 for some reason. i just want to feel useful
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited July 2021
    that's great that you want to help people ellie :heart: I've just had a look at rain, looks like a great organisation

I've handed out posters and leaflets for papyrus before, that was great. they send you leaflets and posters and you can hand them out anywhere. so perhaps you could bring them to the music place, or places near you. this is the link to their website, and this is what they say about it:

"Informal awareness raising is a really important and helpful way to get involved with PAPYRUS. If you contact our administration team they can send you some leaflets, HOPELINEUK cards and flyers that you can pin to message boards in your local community. You can repeat this as often and as widely as you like; every leaflet helps. If you are interested in exploring this then send us an email on volunteer@papyrus-uk.org"