Home Introduce Yourself
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi everyone, I'm Ella - Introducing Myself

Rose124Rose124 Posts: 51 Boards Initiate
Hi everyone, my name is Ella.

I am currently training to be a counsellor/therapist in my spare time. I am really looking to being a part of the team, and being able to help people through difficult/challenging times of their life.

Please don't hesitate to send me a message if you need any help, or just want to have a good old chit chat with someone.

I look forward to getting to know you all better

Ella
zoenicole97lovemimoon

Comments

• LorryTruckLorryTruck Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 2,116 Boards Champion
    Hey @Rose124 Welcome to the boards x
    I know you've heard this before, but you've got to be strong now...
    Rose124
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,122 Wise Owl
    Hey @Rose124 welcome to the boards x
    Rose124
  • zaynab_5zaynab_5 Sometimes I pretend to be normal but it gets boring so I go back to being me :) LondonPosts: 1,270 Wise Owl
    Hey Ella,
    Welcome to the Mix! <3
    Rose124
  • zoenicole97zoenicole97 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hello Ella!

Thank you for your introduction :) I found it interesting that you are training to do counselling, how is that going for you? I am currently coming to the end of my CertHE in Psychology and moving on to the degree next year - I'm quite nervous haha.
    Rose124
  • ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Heya Ella!
    Welcome to the boards :) Hope to see you around!

Becky
    Rose124
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon 🦋 Posts: 1,787 Extreme Poster
    Hey, Ella! <3

Welcome to the Mix! <3
    It's good to have you here! :3
    Rose124
  • Rose124Rose124 Posts: 51 Boards Initiate
    Hello Ella!

Thank you for your introduction :) I found it interesting that you are training to do counselling, how is that going for you? I am currently coming to the end of my CertHE in Psychology and moving on to the degree next year - I'm quite nervous haha.

Hi zoenicole97

It's actually really hard because i'm not taking the traditional route to becoming a counsellor or therapist actually (i'm not studying social work or psychology at uni level actually, instead i am going on to study directing theatre at uni) counselling is more just a job that i am hoping to do alongside directing theatre, so it's been hard but i'm trying to gain a lot of practical experience by volunteering for mental health charities. I'm also studying an online level 1 course in counselling during my free time too.

Good luck with studying psychology at degree level. I'm sure you'll do amazing!!

If you have any questions about training to be a counsellor/therapist that you feel i may be able to answer, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

All the best.
    lovemimoon
  • ShaunieShaunie Posts: 12,996 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hey Ella! Look forward to getting to know you too < 3
    Rose124