Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi everyone! My name is Zoe

zoezoe Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
Hi everyone! My name is Zoe and I'm 21 and currently studying at university! I've had a tough time with mental health especially since the pandemic started. Hoping that I'll feel less lonely by joining here :)
“Smile, breathe and go slowly”
— Thích Nhất Hạnh

Comments

• lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey @zoe
    I'm also at uni! What year are you in??

Welcome to the Mix! <3
    It's good to have you here! :3
  • zoezoe Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    @lovemimoon I'm currently in my second year (now going onto my third and final year). What are you studying (if it's okay to ask)?
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
    Heey! I'm in second year as well!
    I'm studying Illustration but I'm planning to put my uni year on pause to focus on my mental health. What about you? What are you studying??
    @lovemimoon I'm studying chemistry at the moment (and might be hating it) oops-- I've recently deferred my summer exams to August because my mental health was just not doing great... This pandemic has just made everything 10 times harder o_o

I'm sorry to hear your mental health has taken a toll... I hope things get easier for you and that taking a break from uni gives you a well deserved break from things!
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
    shouldn't have laughed as hard, oops

How are you doing, mental health wise? If you don't mind me asking.
  • naominaomi Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    Hey @zoe. Welcome to the mix <3
    @lovemimoon Hmmmm recently I've been doing okay thank you! I think the nice weather has really been helping, and it's not as daunting to go out into public spaces anymore so that's helped lift my mood a lot. How have you been?
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
    @naomi Hi! Thank you for your kind welcome :3
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
    edited June 2021
    Hi @zoe
    I've been feeling a little rough lately. My mood has been shifting so much, I'm surprised I'm still here. I'm glad to see that your mood has been lifted! <3

There's a general chat if you want to say hi to everyone - https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596830/general-chit-chat-op-greentea#latest
    @lovemimoon I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling rough :< I hope that you aren't too harsh on yourself during this tough period. It's okay to not be productive, it's okay to be sad, emotional, angry, upset. Your feelings are valid, and it's okay to have bad days <3
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
    @zoe You are so sweet! <3

Remember that the Mix is always here for you when you want a place to vent and relax. Seriously, the Mix is one big fluffy pillow you can cry into. <3
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    @zoe You are so sweet! <3

Remember that the Mix is always here for you when you want a place to vent and relax. Seriously, the Mix is one big fluffy pillow you can cry into. <3

Aw I'm really glad to have found this place then! <3
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Sup Zoe, I'm Apollo and I'm about to enter my first year of uni for the second time, cause I hated what I chose to study so I'm changing it :​). Welcome to the Mix its nice to have you here.

And @lovemimoon you said you're surprised you're still here, but for what it's worth I'm glad you're here
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
    Apollo wrote: »
    Sup Zoe, I'm Apollo and I'm about to enter my first year of uni for the second time, cause I hated what I chose to study so I'm changing it :​). Welcome to the Mix its nice to have you here.

And @lovemimoon you said you're surprised you're still here, but for what it's worth I'm glad you're here

Heya! Thank you for your kind welcome 💜 What are you studying? And good luck with your course! I hope you enjoy it
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
    edited June 2021
    I did social sciences but didn't like it so I'm doing music tech this year, and thanks
    Apollo wrote: »
    I did social sciences but didn't like it so I'm doing music tech this year, and thanks

Glad to know someone else is awake so late/early(?) at night haha
    Ooo music tech! Do you play any instruments?
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
    I play a bit of the keyboard, you?
    @Apollo I play the piano and clarinet! Though it's been years since I've touched either instrument.
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @zaynab_5 Hello! Thank you for your kind welcome <3

Hmm uni life is very difficult due to the pandemic, and online learning has been a struggle for me personally since I'm more used to learning things in person. Good luck w/ uni tho and I hope you friends/course mates with common interests!

I really regret not joining any societies in my first year, so definitely at least give a few a go to see if you like any of them! It'll help you make friends too ^-^
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
    @LorryTruck Thank you for your kind welcome! :3
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
  • Nutella1234Nutella1234 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hey! @zoe very nice to meet you and welcome to The Mix! I am also at uni studying psychology.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @zoe Hey Zoe welcome to the Mix❤️
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Hey @zoe! Welcome :3

I'm just going into my second year at uni! This year has been so hard, I think it's great you've pushed your exams back for your mental health - take great care of yourself! <3
    Alis propriis volat 
    Zen wrote: »
    Hey @zoe! Welcome :3

I'm just going into my second year at uni! This year has been so hard, I think it's great you've pushed your exams back for your mental health - take great care of yourself! <3

@Zen Ooo what course are you on? And thank you I hope you take care of yourself too <3 Hope you're managing to enjoy some of the nice weather whilst it lasts!
    — Thích Nhất Hạnh
  • rainskyerainskye Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Hey Zoe :) I've just finished my first year at uni! =)
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome Zoe!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome Zoe! <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley