Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Where services

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
edited April 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
Do any1 no a site to get a therapist or do anyone know if gp surgery u call walk in and ask for help n they give u 1 2 1 straight away

mod edit: removed name of GP surgery
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited April 2021
    Hi Ellie,

I don't know about your gp surgery specifically, but often you have to make an appointment. May be different for different places and situations though, so it's worth checking out. Would you feel comfortable emailing or phoning them to ask? :smile:

Also, The Mix's service finder may be helpful for finding a therapist near you. Could you give that a try? :heart:

mod edit: removed name of GP surgery
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Hey Ellie,

How are you doing?

If you're looking for a private therapist, the BACP have a website where you can find an accredited therapist in your area, I'll link it here

I'm not sure about going to a GP, but I know if you are looking for some mental health support they can refer you. Likewise if you're just looking for one off 1-2-1 support, remember you can check out The Mix's 1-2-1 services or you can call Samaritans :)
    Alis propriis volat