Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Let's Talk About Men! - The Mix

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited February 2021 in Articles
imageLet's Talk About Men! - The Mix

A man is the breadwinner of the family. A man is powerful and strong. A man doesn’t show his tears, because they show he is weak. A man needs to find a wife that will do his bidding, otherwise he will be seen as weak by society. A man needs to go down to the...

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    BCliftonBClifton Posts: 2 Newbie
    Relationships should not be more balanced, this is not a good thing.
  • Options
    BCliftonBClifton Posts: 2 Newbie
    In fact, I think a big problem in society is men and women being told that they should not be masculine or feminine. Boys and men are constantly told that masculinity is toxic, or some other tosh. And women are being told that they have to be more masculine, even if they don't want to be. There's a lot of pressure in the west for people to become more androgynous, this is not healthy!
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    BClifton wrote: »

I'm curious as to why you feel relationships should not be more balanced? What does this mean to you?

I agree that there is a lot of pressure on boys and men to engage in less in 'toxic masculinity' and women are often under pressure to be more empowered and confident (often signalling masculinity). I guess either extremes aren't healthy. But it doesn't necessarily mean that there is pressure for people to become more androgynous- quite the opposite as the article states that "Young men in turn need to learn to love themselves for who they are." which could equally apply to everyone, regardless of gender!

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us- it's good to discuss these topics! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Liam505Liam505 Deactivated Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    Lol interesting article
    Hmm
    Maisy wrote: »
    BClifton wrote: »

I'm curious as to why you feel relationships should not be more balanced? What does this mean to you?

I agree that there is a lot of pressure on boys and men to engage in less in 'toxic masculinity' and women are often under pressure to be more empowered and confident (often signalling masculinity). I guess either extremes aren't healthy. But it doesn't necessarily mean that there is pressure for people to become more androgynous- quite the opposite as the article states that "Young men in turn need to learn to love themselves for who they are." which could equally apply to everyone, regardless of gender!

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us- it's good to discuss these topics! :)

So it sounds like you're saying, women should adopt male characteristics and become men, while men should take a more subservient role?
    I have no problems with a balanced relationship (I mean I think the whole idea is stupid because its scientifically proven that there are significant biological differences between the sexes that impact literally every aspect of life, plus the fact that the average woman has to carry 2 children to term in her life will significantly impact her ability to commit the same resources to a job that a male can, naturally diverging what they do in their 20s and 30s), but that's the point, current relationships are not balanced, they favour women. Most people in jail are men, most homeless people are men, there are studies proving that the legal system treats the same crime comitted by a male completely different to a crime comitted by a female, most media articles covering some heinous crime are about women not about men or boys (though of course those stories exist and in quite a large number).
    I do think we want balanced relationships. So balance them in favor of men. Who got this idea that in 2022, decades, centuries after all the feminist battles have been fought and won that men can't be the ones who need advantaging?