Home Fix The Mix
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

New Feature - BB code!

ConnorConnor Posts: 416 Community Manager
edited February 15 in Fix The Mix
Hey all! Soon we'll be rolling out a new feature on the boards, the use of BBCodes!

BBCodes will give you the option to format your posts in more ways than the website currently allows, here is a link to the wiki article with all the different BBCode styles as well as examples in how to use them.

The BBCode icon will appear on the bottom left of your textbox, and clicking the hyperlink will take you to the BBCode wikipedia page!

The boards in their current form aren't accessible to screen-readers, so we want to be inclusive to this requirement. With this change, the forums will become more accessible to those who use screen-readers, as code will be able to be entered manually rather than navigating buttons and menus.

Feel free to ask any questions you have below :)
Post edited by Connor on
independent_

Comments

• ConnorConnor Posts: 416 Community Manager
    edited February 16
    Examples below!
    Post edited by Mike on
    edited February 16
    8ensmukaxms8.jpg

This is how the text will look when you're writing the comment

z3xzs4ylej37.jpg

This is how the text will look after you post the comment
    Post edited by Mike on
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 11,032 An Original Mixlorian
    edited February 15
    Is this why I'm getting? When I qoute someone?
    843w2axc5jbg.jpg

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

If it's only just begun happening then it probably is! If any issues begin to happen in posts/comments, feel free to let us know :)
    Connor wrote: »
    If it's only just begun happening then it probably is! If any issues begin to happen in posts/comments, feel free to let us know :)

Thank you!!!

(It didn't happen when I quoted this)

Astrid Alauda

Connor
  • LaineLaine Fruit loop Gone for gooPosts: 2,767 Boards Guru
    Accessible and so cute I can't stop saying it
    "Bb code" 🤣

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Connor
    Good to know! It could be just when quoting a post/comment from before the change then :)

Also applying the triple c to just emphasize the word of course (Thankyou for pointing it out). I've been muttering BBCode to myself for the past 30 or so minutes, I can't stop!
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 6,354 Master Poster
    Lol I have to test this now!!
    it worked
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 6,354 Master Poster
    This is really cool
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Mike
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,522 Part of The Furniture
    edited February 16
    That is what it is for. I was wondering what it meant. Thank you for informing us about this.

This is just me testing out the BB Code :)
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
  • MikeMike 🖥️🎧 LandaanPosts: 3,460 Community Manager
    Glad you guys like it!

There are some cool new things we can do now, like colour:

Text in fuchsia
    [color=#FF00FF]Text in fuchsia[/color]

We could make a masterlist of the different codes if that would be useful. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Want to join the community champions? Drop @TheMix a message!
    independent_DancerAnch0r33
    That would be really useful @Mike

Astrid Alauda

Mike
    I was thinking, should this post maybe be pinned in what’s new? Just cause a few people won’t have seen it and it keeps getting lost.
    That could be a great idea. @The Mix @Mike @Ed_ @Connor @Emma_ @Italia
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
    Not a bad shout @independent_ - have pinned it in WN for now. :)

Can I just check that we are ok to use BBCode to change colour of our text? I was having a play with it in the general chat thread and just wanted to check that was ok?

Astrid Alauda

We can change the colour of text with BBCode? I think that sounds super awesome.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

Mike
    edited February 18
    One of my favourite colours is the pink text
    This is so cool that it actually works
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

GreenTea wrote: »
    Can I just check that we are ok to use BBCode to change colour of our text? I was having a play with it in the general chat thread and just wanted to check that was ok?

Yeah that's fine @GreenTea. :) Only thing to keep in mind is that some colours (particularly lighter ones) are going to be tricky to read on our light background. This might be especially true for people with visual accessibility requirements.

You're still welcome to use those colours, I guess just a case of being mindful of different needs and being up for adjusting colours if someone asks (as I'm sure you would) :)

Mike wrote: »
    GreenTea wrote: »

Yeah that's fine @GreenTea. :) Only thing to keep in mind is that some colours (particularly lighter ones) are going to be tricky to read on our light background. This might be especially true for people with visual accessibility requirements.

You're still welcome to use those colours, I guess just a case of being mindful of different needs and being up for adjusting colours if someone asks (as I'm sure you would) :)

Thank you!
    I can't read the bright colours so I won't be using them!

Astrid Alauda