Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Exciting watch club opportunity - Free monthly passes up for grabs!

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey hey everyone!

Are you a film lover? Or maybe you'd love to get into watching films different from your normal style! 

With our collaboration with NOW TV, we are running a Friday night watch club to help combat loneliness within young people. We are running a pilot on February 12th exclusively for our community members to see how it works and if its popular! We'd love for you to get involved and help welcome the new members in our later watch clubs

The idea is, we tell you the film on the Friday before (5th Feb), you then have a week to watch the film, then come along to our Friday night chat to discuss the themes and topics in the film, or anything you'd like about it! 

The film will be Twist, check out the trailer here

The Friday night chat will run 7:30 - 9pm, meaning there is still 30 minutes of normal chat time after! 

Interested? Sign up here

There are only 10 codes up for grabs so sign up quick! It will be on a first come first served basis

There is no cost for this, and no purchase of anything necessary :) 

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    only 24 hours left to sign up! 
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    This sounds so fun, I’ll have to check the work rota to see if I’m working. How are we able to watch the film, do you have to have NOWTV 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    This sounds like a good opportunity! Might sign up tbh. I already have nowTV
  • Options
    @Dandelion
    No need to have NOW TV, codes will be given :) 
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
    the downside of NOWTV wen i had it, it took away my origanall channels tht i had on talktalk
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    It's a fab opportunity we've worked on! A month long NOWTV pass as well so you can watch whatever else you want alongside the film club pick! 

Ah that's weird ellie! You can get NOWTV as an app on most devices so it shouldn't mess with anything hopefully! :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    There's been a slight change of time, editted into the post. If you're interested, get signed up quick!