Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Newbie Just joined

WookieBoy39WookieBoy39 Posts: 92 Budding Regular
Hi Guys

My name is Charlie (he/him). I'm 21. At the moment I volunteer for a charity one day a week. I have had anxiety and depression for the last few years which I'm slowly working my way through. I'm glad to be here as it would be nice to have some company. I've been feeling quite isolated. 

Can anyone advise me the best place to start with The Mix? 

Look forward to chatting.   

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    edited January 2021
    Hey Charlie! Welcome!! My name is Elle, it’s lovely to meet you and I’m glad you’ve found us here. 

A great place to start is right here - the boards are a very friendly place. If you’d like support with anything, the health and wellbeing forum is the place to post. There’s also lots of fun threads in the other forums which can help to take your mind off things.

Another great thing about the mix is that, every night, there are group chats which are like chat rooms. Most of us who you see posting on the boards also regularly go to these chats. There’s support chat if you’d like to talk about anything on your mind, and general chat for fun and distractions. You can find them here: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • WookieBoy39WookieBoy39 Posts: 92 Budding Regular
    Hey 

thank you for a lovely welcoming message it’s lovely to meet you as well Elle. 

I hope to meet a lot of great people here and have fun in the group chats. One question what time are the group chats each day ? 
    No problem!! It is a wonderful place to be - I’ve stuck around for 5 years because I love being here so much! 

So, the group chats are on every day at 8pm UK time. Both support chat and general chat are there every night until 9.30, it’d be lovely to see you there!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Wow that’s amazing 

I want to be in the support group as I need support with making new friends 
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey Charlie, it’s nice to meet you x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    I’ll be in the support chat tonight Charlie, feel free to pop in anytime after 8 :) it will log you in as a guest at first, but you can then create an account for the chat software (for some bizarre reason you need 2 separate accounts for the boards and chat lol). 
    Hey it’s nice to meet you too how are you ? X
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey it’s nice to meet you too how are you ? X
    I’m good thank you, how about you? 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    I’m ok thanks for asking 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Hey Charlie! Welcome 😁😁
    Hey Liam how r u?
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Not too shabby cheers pal, how are you ?
    I’m ok thank you for asking 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey Charlie happy Monday. That’s a really cool username, welcome to the boards  <3
    Hey happy Monday to you to and thank you I like yours as well how r u? ❤️
    how are you finding the mix so far @WookieBoy39?
    It’s very complicated atm, I mean I’ve met some lovely people including yourself and hopefully it will become good for me 
    It’s quite hard to find your way around at first, I find the what’s new section of the boards is easiest to get around. If it helps I was totally and utterly confused when I first joined lol, hopefully you do find it helpful here :) 
    Thank you means a lot just finding it hard to navigate around atm and it’s getting very overwhelming 
  • bhavzbhavz Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi
    My name is Bhavya. I am 23 yrs old and just navigating through depression and anxiety. 
    Hi nice to meet you 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community, Charlie! Glad you found us. :) Most folks here are no stranger to depression, anxiety and isolation, so you're definitely not alone there.

@independent_ has some great advice on where to start. Get involved as much or as little as you like, and feel free to experiment with different spaces on the community.

Awesome to hear you volunteer, by the way! A great thing to be doing. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SeaweedSeaweed Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
    Hi  =)