Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hurt

2»

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Thank you. They should be ringing me after 12
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I hate it when they say they was really worried about me. I don’t want to be a reason they find their job too stressful😓
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AriannaArianna Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    In my experience, @Shaunie, them saying they were worried is very much not that they find their job stressful - it’s them trying to say they care about you, and want you to be safe. You never have to feel guilty that people care for you. Just a thought x
  • Options
    Yeah I guess so. For some reason I don’t mind the word concerned. But when they say worried I feel more guilty for some reason ah 
  • Options
    I’m kinda scared I might get a warning from the amount of times the police have been involved in my mental health crisis’ I think that’s happened to other people
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I might of lied a little bit here...... I can’t lie lol I feel too guilty. 
    But when I said I saw the notifications on my sisters phone. I didn’t. I unlocked her phone when she left it lying around as I knew they was texting each other about me when the police went. I saw Saw them say that January seems to be a bad month for me. I didn’t get to read much else cause she came back. But yeah just needed to say that
    i just said I saw it as a notification cause I shouldn’t unlock people’s phones and go through their private messages:/
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Thank you for being so honest with us Shaunie. While you shouldn’t look through someone else’s phone it doesn’t change the fact that what they said must have hurt. We’re always here if you ever need anything. Big hugs Shaunie  <3
  • Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Just thought I'd drop in and check how you were doing @Shaunie?  Did the mental health team phone you yesterday? How did that go?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank yo. They did ring me. Standard stuff. 
    Starting my last module of DBT tomorrow/today (Friday) it’s relationship one. Just feeling stressed about it as it very hard doing it online and it’s hard to concentrate. I’m grateful for it. Just hard. 
    But my care co ordinator said I can redo as many times I want. Which was nice. But i don’t know 

anyway have another check in tomorrow (today) too. 

I don’t really know what mental health support I want. As I feel like I’m getting everything I need. It’s just my physical health. 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    It’s ok not to know what support you want, it’s good that you’re doing the DBT and can repeat it though if you need to. I think it’s difficult online especially if you’re used to doing therapy face to face, and the worst part I think is that you’ve got absolutely no idea when it will be able to be face to face again. Hopefully soon. Do you know if you can repeat the modules once you’re back to seeing your therapist face to face or do you have to do them straight away?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I hope so. But I’m not sure. I feel like they’re treating loads of people with DBT at the moment as they don’t need the space like rooms ect as it’s online but yeah I could be wrong. Because they did say can change to face to face if they could. 

Cause it’s just weird because DBT is treatment for people with BPD. Yet they said some people in the group may not have BPD. Which I’m confused on how they got onto the program then

but I am going to ask about the face to face one

after the relationship module I get offered 18 months of MBT. Which sounds like by then part of it may be face to face. But who knows lol. Could still be in lockdown in 18 months. But yeah anyway. I don’t know if I want to do that. As I’m still trying to process what I learning in DBT and try to practice it
     so I might ask them if it’s something I can turn down and do a different time. But 18 months sounds like a long time so could be a wait -for when a new one starts for if I wanted to start it. If that makes sense. But it also scares me not to be under a service 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    That all makes sense, and I think the they are very valid questions to ask. And once you know the info it’ll help you to make the best decision on whether to go ahead with the MBT straight away :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    That all makes sense, and I think the they are very valid questions to ask. And once you know the info it’ll help you to make the best decision on whether to go ahead with the MBT straight away :) 
    I hope so thank you @independent_
  • Options
    What do you do with your Ex’s clothes you gradually took and forgot to give back ?
    Is it weird to wear them lol
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here

I don’t think it’s weird Shaunie I think it’s completely up to you. If he doesn’t want them back I see no problem in using them. At the end of the day do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Always here to listen if you ever need anything. Big hugs  <3

• Options

I don’t think it’s weird Shaunie I think it’s completely up to you. If he doesn’t want them back I see no problem in using them. At the end of the day do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Always here to listen if you ever need anything. Big hugs  <3

Ah yeah thanks. I don’t really associate them with him tbh. Which sounds weird I just see it as clothes lol. Until my sisters asked if it was his lol. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Shaunie said:
    My ex deleted my off Facebook and my messages don’t send to him. I think cause of his settings. He wasn’t replying to me. I broke up with him. But still could of been friends.  Now I feel really upset
    Did I ever say he suggested we kill ourseves together? 

Now looking back. Glad he’s out of my life 
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I hope your ok @Shaunie❤️
  • Options
    Emoji246 said:
    I hope your ok @Shaunie❤️
    Thank you x