Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I did something really stupid 😰

Hi guys so as you can see by the title I think I did something really stupid just now.
Well my mom was cleaning the bathroom after she cleaned the bathroom she said don’t touch anything because I bleached everything and guess what I done I touched it and touched my face now I am scared 🥺will anything bad happen?😰my face itches now🥺
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Ah Emoji, how frightening!

Have you read the back of the bleach bottle to see what it says to do if you get it on your skin? Usually it’ll say something like wash it off with warm soapy water.

If I were you I’d tell mam what’s happened, hop in the shower and if it’s still itching I’d get in touch with the doctor :)

Hope all goes well
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Okay first up try not to panic it only makes things worse trust me!
    Let's go through some rationalizing! 

Nobody cleans with pure bleach very often! She likely would have diluted it with some water making it safer for the skin.  

She may have rinsed it off or left it to dry meaning it wouldn't have been as present.
    Now the itching could be mild irritation. If so try washing your face with a bit of water or a nice shower like liam said :)

The itching could also be in your mind sometimes anxiety can cause physical symptoms too x

My mum's a cleaner and works with bleach a lot she's always been fine so trust me that you will be okay ❤️

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    edited January 2021
    @Emoji246

Hi Alina. 

I know it's hard but try not to panic. As others have said, check the label on the bottle and see what it says about contact, and tell you mum about it. Luckily nowadays, substances like bleach have been made safer to protect our skin and therefore it is safer and controlled. The itching is probably a side effect from the contact if that makes any sense. 

I can understand how anxious it can make you feel. If you're still worried about it or anything else we're here to listen. 

-Liam ❤️

• Options
    AnyaAnya Posts: 12 Settling in
    Hi

Bleach is really strong chemicals in it that burns, I dont know about touching it with your face. Like others have suggested read the bottle what to do I cant remember from top of head what it says.
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hi Guys Thankyou for the advice I’m ok now I was just scared @Liam @Laine @SciFi_456 @Anya❤️
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You should seek medical advice if you aren't sure what to do. 
  • Options
    I just said I’m fine now thanks @GreenTea
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Like others have said you should be fine :)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Shaunie Thankyou ❤️Hope your ok I’m fine now 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Ah good <3 here if you wanna chat!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie same to you ❤️