Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hiya :)

amysedgamysedg Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi everyone, my name's Amy. I'm 20 turning 21, I was recommended to come to this community and basically put myself out there. I don't know if anyone has similar struggles but I was adopted when I was 3 years old and I'm basically just trying to get in contact my birth father. I know he wasn't a big part of my life as he left my mother (who I am in contact with) but I just want to know more about him. I don't know where to go from here:/

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi @Amysedg welcome to the boards!! It's lovely to have you here. I hope you are able to find the support you  need here!! If you want to, you could always start a thread in one of the support boards and people will be along to help you out <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    amysedg said:
    Hi everyone, my name's Amy. I'm 20 turning 21, I was recommended to come to this community and basically put myself out there. I don't know if anyone has similar struggles but I was adopted when I was 3 years old and I'm basically just trying to get in contact my birth father. I know he wasn't a big part of my life as he left my mother (who I am in contact with) but I just want to know more about him. I don't know where to go from here:/
    Hi Amysedg how are you doing today?
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hey there @amysedg I'm not sure how useful this is to you right now, but we're in the process of creating a care Experienced forum! If you check out some of the updates in the pinned posts you might be able to see some stuff about it, alternatively you can stalk my posts to find some info! 

I was in kinship care from 14-20 but was essentially looked after by my grandparents for as long as I can remember (just not living with them).

Hopefully we can build up more people for this area and we can all support each other. In the meantime you're welcome to pm me and join us in the general and support chats <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Welcome ❤️