Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I don't know how to help a friend

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Hello

I'm feeling very stuck at what to do, I have a friend, she's a mum of 2, split from partner. He's very controlling and manipulative. Last night I was with my friend and he would not leave her alone, sending her messages, being unkind and just..it's something going on for a while.
There's lots of other stuff too but not my place to say.

I keep telling my friend to stand her group with him, when she asks for space, stand her ground and ensure space happens, stand her ground. I've told her always here for her if she needs me. There's been times I've had to take her kids to keep them safe.

Am I doing the right thing by just being there when she needs me and encouraging her to stick to what she says and stand her ground?

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    If anyone knows any good reources that support woman who have come out of domestic abuse relationships but still.. involved in with that person..that would be much appr
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    You sound like you're being a very supportive friend so, in my books, that's alway the right thing to do :heart:

I have found this page with a bunch of links to women's helplines here. I don't think it matters at all if she is out of the relationship or not - she is still being affected by abusive behaviour so I am sure they will be more than happy to support her. 

I really hope everything improves soon, take good care both of you :heart:
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    GreenTea said:
    If anyone knows any good reources that support woman who have come out of domestic abuse relationships but still.. involved in with that person..that would be much appr
    https://www.womensaid.org.uk/
    I’ve heard good things about women’s aid. You clearly care about her so much, all you can do is be there for her and you’re doing just that. Hope you’re ok 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend