Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Post of the Month - August! [REPOST]

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
edited September 2020 in General Chat
Mod edit: nominations changed - please vote again!

Hey everyone! :)

The end of August brings several things - the return of school for many people here, the falling of leaves as summer ends, and the close of the popular Eat Out to Help Out scheme (how many times did YOU claim that 50% discount?!). For The Mix, it also means it's time for another Post of the Month, so let's get voting!

What is Post of the Month?

For those of you who aren't familiar with Post of the Month, each month you can nominate threads and replies you've seen on the boards. We then put up a poll and the reply with the most votes wins Post of the Month.

You can nominate a post by flagging it, selecting Report, and then choosing 'Post of the Month nomination' as the reason. It can really make someone's day to know that their comment was so appreciated that they're considered for this, so if you see a post that was particularly helpful, inspiring, moving etc., be sure to nominate it and spread that love around! <3

Before we share the nominations for this vote, we again want to acknowledge how brave each and every one of you is for reaching out for support. This takes so much courage and we're so proud of you all - this place wouldn't be the same with you <3

The Nominees!

Congrats to @MilsyRose and @GreenTea for winning nominations for this month - great work everyone!

1. MilsyRose - Introducing yourself with style

Hiya dears,

I probably should have introduced myself sooner but hello, my name is Amelia but you are more than welcome to shorten that down to Milsy. You may see me in the group chats often - I am here if you need someone to speak to, you may also see me sharing problems of my own. My favourite singers are Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Melanie Martinez, and Justin Bieber. I love the colour blue. When I am out of education, I am hoping to be able to explore places in the world such as Africa and Australia and work with the animals over there - I am going to college and doing a course in Animal Management next month which sounds great!

■▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬■

Some things that I'd like you all to know are...

➤ I have been through some things in life that aren't the best myself but I want you guys to remain positive and fight through this with me, remember that things might not be better tomorrow, next week or next month but they will get better eventually; it takes time and patience, alongside lots of support. 

➤ Be true to yourselves and just remember how amazing that you all are. Such joyful surprises were born onto this earth, serving a purpose - everyone deserves to be here and is most certainly loved by numerous people whether that is your friends, family, or carers.

➤ If you've done something that you regret, don't dwell on it when you can be learning from your mistakes instead.

➤ Be your own kind of person, there is only one of you and people who are one of their kind are the true definition of beautiful - especially when people can be who they are and have pride in themself, showing a glowing smile on their face. Who needs makeup when you can have a smile?

➤ Do the unstoppable, don't let your past haunt you or the demons inside weigh you down. You live one life so make it your best because there won't be another one after. Put yourself out there, do what you enjoy and live your dreams, don't let anyone or anything stop you!

➤ Keep your head held high, walking along with a low head won't allow you to move on because you can't see what you have ahead of you. There is light at the end of every dark tunnel, just some take a longer journey to go down than others.

■▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬■

Please remember to never push yourself to speak to someone about your problems, although there are people there for you and people who love you, take as long as you need to open up if you would like to do so. You don't need to do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Everything will work out for everyone in the end and everyone at The Mix will be here by your side to help you to get through whatever troubles you may have encountered. Have faith, have hope and remember that if you're going through a difficult stage now, it isn't irreversible and it won't go on forever.

I hope that you have a lovely 2020 and for those who are going to school, college or even university next month, you're going to smash it and do great! <3

2. GreenTea - What we're grateful For

My friends.
Tonight we have laughed, cried, bitched and sat in silence. Appreciated each others company. I fucking love my friends. I really do. We look out for each other, I look out for them, we protect each other, we are open to each other..
I really really appreciate my friendship circle and I can not wait to go to the conffeti fields for photoshoots and a good time. I can not wait to go to London with them all and just have the best day out. 

I am so so greatful for my friends.

Get voting!

~ Azziman <3

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Post of the Month - August! [REPOST] 14 votes

MilsyRose - Introducing yourself with style
64% 9 votes
GreenTea - What we're grateful for
35% 5 votes
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments