Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hello! :)

AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
Hello, my name is Ann-Marie but I shorten my name down to Anne, so feel free to call me that! 

I thought I would take this free opportunity to introduce my self. 

✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Some of my interests:

➤ Sports - swimming, surfing, trampolining and dodgeball.

➤ Academics - health and social care, history and computing.

➤ Music - Ariana Grande, Snow Patrol, Olly Murs, Melanie Martinez, Billie Eilish.

➤ Colour - Black and Blue 

➤ After Academics - I would like to be a therapist and help people to get better. 

A few quotes to inspire you:

➤ “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love as you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like its heaven on earth.”

➤ “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”

➤ “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”

➤ “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

List of things you can say to people with mental health issues to help:

➤ Why not say how are you?

➤ Why not tell them that they deserve to be happy?

➤ Why not tell them you are glad to have them in your life?

Have a great day. <3 

Comments

• Options
    MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    Welcome to the community, Anne. I hope that you have a great time with The Mix! <3
  • Options
    AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    @MilsyRose Thank you for introducing me to it. <3
  • Options
    MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    @MilsyRose Thank you for introducing me to it. <3
    No worries, always a pleasure! :)
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Heyy @AnneFrypan and welcome to the mix!! <3 it’s great to have you here in this community!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome to the mix Ann-Marie <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @AnneFrypan Welcome to The Mix Anne  <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.