Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Track and trace scammers

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing

Hey all,

I've seen this pop up on police social media a few times and just want everyone to be safe. Not sure if allowed to post this but going to and @The Mix can take it down or change if needed. 
There's people going around Making phone calls pretending to be from track and trace, you'll know it's a scam if they ask for bank details to pay for a test. 
You do not pay to get tested. It's free on the NHS. If you get a phone call from people claiming to be track and trace and ask for bank details, it is not them. 

Please stay safe. 

(I almost feel like this is a public service announcement hahaha)
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Seen this too! 

Rang my grandad obviously he's savvy and said nice try NHS is free lol 

But it's awful that people would exploit others especially during times like this!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2020
    here’s another scam

Sorry 😂😂😂😭😭

https://vm.tiktok.com/JMJVtgE/
    Post edited by TheMix on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2020
    Shaunie said:
    here’s another scam

Sorry 😂😂😂😭😭

https://vm.tiktok.com/JMJVtgE/
    Ahh shit I’ve deleted tiktok cause triggering but someone could of told me that you can see my name and picture!😭
    if don’t have the app and when link goes onto webpage it comes up with my tiktok name and picture😂😭😭 it says “...... is using tiktok” didn’t know that. I don’t actually use it to post. All that’s on there is my name and I’ve said that before but yeah not allowed to post social media on here. 
    I didn’t know because if you have the app it just shares the video. Didn’t know if copied the link when on app it says your profile ! @TheMix sorry

Like this and no one said :///

mod edit: cropped full name from screenshot

Post edited by TheMix on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Thanks for bringing attention to this @GreenTea !

According to Ofcom (the UK department who regulate media), the NHS Track and Trace service will never
    • ask you to dial a premium number (those starting 09 or 087)
    • ask for money
    • ask for your bank details
    • ask for you/your contacts' social media login
    • ask you to set up passwords or PINs
    • ask you to purchase a product such as a test
    • ask you to download anything or hand over control of your device 
    • ask you to access any website that does not belong to the Government or NHS.

If you receive a scam call, hang up and report the call to Action Fraud by calling 0300 123 2040 or on the website.