Home Health & Wellbeing
Fill out The Mix's Annual User Survey for a chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!
Need support urgently? Head to this thread.

My anxiety is ruining me

GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕MidlandsPosts: 6,282 Master Poster
edited July 30 in Health & Wellbeing
Hello

So Ive been really really struggling with my anxiety, a lot more than normal,. Like it's constant. My anxiety increases a lot more when I have to go outside or in a shop, it's at a point where I physically can't talk to people because I stumble over my words and shake due to my anxiety. 
Anxiety attacks are becoming more and more frequent and it's horrible. I feel so exhausted all the time because I'm constantly battling my anxiety. I constantly feel sick, and I constantly have a headache due to my anxiety having a massive physical impact. 
I feel like my anxiety is influencing my depression in a way, I feel so deflated and have a lot of hate for myself and partly my anxiety causes that too.
I kinda just don't know what to do. I try to appear strong and ok, but it's honestly starting to feel impossible. When I go to the shop I am just so desperate to get home and it's awful :(
I just don't know how to manage it anymore or what to do. It's become so bad I literally want to curl into a ball and stop existing

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

Salix_alba_2019Tee AAriannaJade09EGM

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 6,282 Master Poster
    It's so hot and sunny outside and I've been out already once today and really struggled. I wish I could bring myself to go for a walk along the river and get some sun but the thought if it sets off anxiety.. like my heart gets faster and I get sweaty and feel sick.
    Urgh I'm literally sat in my room bored and hating myself for allowing my anxiety to ruin me this way

Astrid Alauda

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 571 Incredible Poster
    I completely understand what you are feeling. Have you got anyone you can go with when you go out, I always find that helps me to feel a bit better as then I’ve got someone to talk to and someone who can speak to the shop assistant and things like that? I also quite like listening to music when I go out as well to help distract me a bit. 

I really sorry you’re feeling like this 💙
    Today is a great day for a great day. 
    Thank you so much for responding @Dandelion
    Honestly struggling so much with my anxiety and I really really appreciate the support.
    It's hard to find someone to come out with me because my friends all work etc so it's a little challenging. It's a brilliant idea though. My local Sainsbury's Can be really good when I go sometimes. I speak to someone if I'm struggling etc.
    I do listen to music sometimes but I completely zone out too when I do.

Honestly thank you so much for responding

Astrid Alauda

Salix_alba_2019
    Maybe I should put a job advert out for a support system when I go out

Astrid Alauda

I think I'm gonna go to a doctor and ask to go back on Anxiety meds

Astrid Alauda

Salix_alba_2019
    Feeling really on edge thus morning, trying to keep myself busy

Astrid Alauda

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 571 Incredible Poster
    Sending hugs, you feeling any better now? 
    Today is a great day for a great day. 
    I'm ok I guess. I'm with my housemate having a pamper session 

Astrid Alauda

• AriannaArianna Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Big hugs @GreenTea! It doesn’t sound like a bad idea to go speak to your doctor about meds. It doesn’t have to be a permanent thing but, when things feel this difficult, they might at least help you get back to a baseline you know how to work from, so that you feel able to implement coping strategies etc. 

The physical side effects are always the worst! For nausea maybe mints or ginger or something might help? And strong stuff like that can be good for grounding yourself too. One of my friends swears by a fizzy drink for nausea. Sometimes just having a bottle of water to sip at helps, and helps with the like not being able to swallow when you eat feeling. And I get big jitters if I drink coffee, so that’s maybe a thing to avoid.

Not at all a permanent solution, but sometimes for anxiety things herbal stuff can help? Like there are chamomile teas and like sleepy teas etc. And I use Rescue Remedy? You can get drops or sweets or whatever. I don’t know how they work but they help sometimes?

Hope you enjoyed the pamper session!x
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 570 Moderator
    Hey there @GreenTea it sounds like things have been really tough recently, I wanted to check in and see how you was doing today?  <3
    Thank you @Arianna
    My worst physically affect is the headaches. It's like all my emotions let go at once and the built up pressure sits there and nothing really helps it. 
    I use to use rescue remedy! It kinda helped but not as much as medication I was put on

@Jade09
    Not doing to great at the moment. My anxiety is constantly at a high state and I'm very jumpy and overthinking a lot at the moment

Astrid Alauda

Arianna